G2 Outing

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
shifter

G2 Outing

Post by shifter »

I took my daughters G2 out for its first run of the year today 60 mile round trip between 40&65 mph and enjoyed every moment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by shifter on Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
?
Ozmadman

Re: G2 Outing

Post by Ozmadman »

Very nice!!!! looks great
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
Expat

Post by Expat »

Yes, neat and tidy looking bike. :D

Steve
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Nice little bike . They give a pleasant ride along the lanes, even 2 up. If you push them over 60 you are probably speeding. 50 should be enough for a nice ride out.
shifter

Post by shifter »

Rob
The old girl had a little more left in her after 65mph I only did a Cpl of short bursts at that speed on the straights. Most of the run was a sedate 40-50ish on the twisty b roads
?
Janet

Post by Janet »

Don't you have any mucky roads where you live? However does the bike stay beautifully clean and shiny? Whenever I've been out on Vesta this month I've come back blathered with mud. The bike had some, too but I'd saved most of it on my trousers.

Yes, chaps, I'm talking about new mud, not the usual patina of my bike. ;) Tell me, how does the mud get onto the front portion of my side panel, bearing in mind, in front of it would be the carb and my left leg?

[img]http://img.photobucket.comjavascript:void(0);/albums/v610/Janet/vesta/March%20mud%201.jpg[/img] Image

Keep up the good work.
Last edited by Janet on Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

Lovely looking bike! They do crackle along surprisingly well at high speed, don't they?

So, let us in to the secret: how come yours doesn't have a patch of oil under it?
If I want to take drip-free photos, I have to be really quick with the camera... :D
1989 Moto Morini Dart 350
1993 Ducati 750SS
Expat

Post by Expat »

[quote="Janet"]Don't you have any mucky roads where you live? However does the bike stay beautifully clean and shiny? Whenever I've been out on Vesta this month I've come back blathered with mud.

I reckon you enjoy splashing through the biggest muddy puddles you can find Janet. :D
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
shifter

Post by shifter »

Hard to believe but its oil tight even the gearbox is oil tight after fitting the new type of shaft seals from the club. Whatever bike I have out its always cleaned and polished after being on a run serviced/maintained regular oil /filter change at 1,000 miles or yearly whatever comes first. Think I must have o.c.d but have been that way since I first got a bike at 16 I used to use a bike in all weathers for work and enjoyment until I got a car then bikes became just enjoyment
?
Janet

Post by Janet »

shifter wrote: Whatever bike I have out its always cleaned and polished after being on a run
Well, if those pictures were taken out on the run I don't think you needed to clean it after you got back.