bolt thread on the front forks where your mudguard hangs g2

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
Rockerbri

bolt thread on the front forks where your mudguard hangs g2

Post by Rockerbri »

how we first got her.jpg
Hi all ive been building a g2csr for the last 2 and a bit years i got it as a engine and frame the rest of the bike ive found on e-bay auto bike jumbles etc as you can see she was in a bad way but hay did not want to see it not put back on the road again any ways i canot find the correct bolt pattern for the bolts that hang the front mudguard i thought it was bsf so any ideas ? o the photos show where i started and where im at now she is running like a dream now so not far of getting her back on the road.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MATCHLESS G12 CSR...MATCHLESS 250 CSR...AJS MODEL 20 ...BSA A65 LIGHTNING...HARLEY DAVIDSON ROADKING & SPORTSTER...
Rockerbri

Re: bolt thread on the front forks where your mudguard hangs

Post by Rockerbri »

o you have to move the bit at the bottom of the photo left or right to see all the photo..sorry are do them smaller
MATCHLESS G12 CSR...MATCHLESS 250 CSR...AJS MODEL 20 ...BSA A65 LIGHTNING...HARLEY DAVIDSON ROADKING & SPORTSTER...
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

Some transformation 8-)

The threads in the heavyweight sliders are 5/16" BSF.

Regards Mick
Rockerbri

Post by Rockerbri »

Hi Mick thanks for that got them and no luck dont fit i will think some one has changed em.....grrrr..

Mick D wrote:Hi

Some transformation 8-)

The threads in the heavyweight sliders are 5/16" BSF.

Regards Mick
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Nothing to do with threads types but please put the front wheel in the correct way round! The brake torque arm must be fitted in tension not compression when the brake is applied. It maybe that you already know this and have merely put the wheel in just to move it around but I thought I'd give you the heads up just in case.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

ajscomboman wrote:Nothing to do with threads types but please put the front wheel in the correct way round! The brake torque arm must be fitted in tension not compression when the brake is applied.
Really, Rob? It would be in tension under braking when going ahead as the torque arm is in front of the slider.. Here's a pic of a G2CSR, taken at the factory, the 'wrong' way round..........
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Different hub Nev. The picture you posted is of a British Hub type but the one in the original picture showing the after look is of the AMC hub which shows the torque arm attachment behind the slider. That hub is not from a CSR, but the very top picture showing the before look does have the later hub so something has been changed.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

ajscomboman wrote:Different hub Nev. The picture you posted is of a British Hub type but the one in the original picture showing the after look is of the AMC hub
Cuh! Shows how little I know about Lightweights and post '57 bikes in general. "British hub.......AMC hub". Thank goodness the factory closed or we'd be 'avin a Brexit hub next :roll:
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Rockerbri

Post by Rockerbri »

ajscomboman wrote:Nothing to do with threads types but please put the front wheel in the correct way round! The brake torque arm must be fitted in tension not compression when the brake is applied. It maybe that you already know this and have merely put the wheel in just to move it around but I thought I'd give you the heads up just in case.

yes its a 350 wheel not a g2 one and ive fitted to move it around...as i remember 250 on the right 350 on the left ? have i got that correct ? :?:
Janet

Post by Janet »

Rockerbri wrote:
ajscomboman wrote:Nothing to do with threads types but please put the front wheel in the correct way round! The brake torque arm must be fitted in tension not compression when the brake is applied. It maybe that you already know this and have merely put the wheel in just to move it around but I thought I'd give you the heads up just in case.

yes its a 350 wheel not a g2 one and ive fitted to move it around...as i remember 250 on the right 350 on the left ? have i got that correct ? :?:
The brake plate and stay are on the right/offside on the 250 CSR ( the one with the air scoop slots ) but the 350 and the earlier lightweights have them on the left/nearside.