G2 CSR headlamp rim mod.

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
gilburton

G2 CSR headlamp rim mod.

Post by gilburton »

I've just replaced my Wipac rim with a Lucas. It was a pattern one from the club spares.
It had to be modified but it fits well.
The Lucas rim has a metal tab and the hole for the screw is on top on the rim.
I removed the tab by cutting with a dremel as close to the rim without cutting in to the rim itself.
The rim will now fit by turning it upside down so that the screw hole is adjacent to the Wipac screw.
The Wipac screw/clamp is removed from the shell and fitted in the Lucas rim and will clamp over the edge of the shell.
You are left with a small hole in the shell but it is underneath so not noticeable or you could just put a small nut/bolt through it if you are picky.
You may have to slightly bend the springs that hold the reflector/lens in place to get a tighter fit.
It is a very slightly different shape to the Wipac rim but hardly noticeable and the Wipac rims are virtually unobtainable.
BultacoBen

Re: G2 CSR headlamp rim mod.

Post by BultacoBen »

Good find, thanks for sharing with the rest of us!
http://www.ben-eddings.com
1966 Matchless G2 CSR scrambler
1986 Suzuki DR600 long-range explorer
1971 BSA B50T street tracker
Foxxyl242000

Post by Foxxyl242000 »

Hello if you still have the original wires in the bucket. Could you take a pic of the wires? I have a 64 CSR 250 I unhooked all the wires from build to clean out my bucket and change bulb. Then it may for over a month now I forget what color wires go back to what colors on the loom. Thank you
gilburton

Post by gilburton »

Sorry can't help as I have a new loom and the wires don't correspond to the wiring diagram.
gilburton

Post by gilburton »

see your "help" post