wheels for a g2 csr.

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
Rockerbri

Re: wheels for a g2 csr.

Post by Rockerbri »

also need to find a place that i can get some rear shocks from ?
MATCHLESS G12 CSR...MATCHLESS 250 CSR...AJS MODEL 20 ...BSA A65 LIGHTNING...HARLEY DAVIDSON ROADKING & SPORTSTER...
clive

Post by clive »

Rockerbri wrote:yes i have sent a message im hoping there sort it real soon because as you say you cant see every thing.o look its showing me as a member is that what was needed ?
yep thats it. Now you can go to the adverts section and place a wanted ad for what you are after. I suggest you use both the forum wanted section as well as the formal ads section. The former allows people to discuss it with you without me whingeing and the latter gets automatically transfered to an ad in the Jampot if you don't get what you need. (if you do, close off the advert by using the adverts, my adverts section)
Thanks Clive
Ps I think there is difficulty in sourcing the lightweight rear shocks with the long section if that is what you are after.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Rockerbri

Post by Rockerbri »

TA Clive are do that...yer are see what other bikes will fit me thinks...
MATCHLESS G12 CSR...MATCHLESS 250 CSR...AJS MODEL 20 ...BSA A65 LIGHTNING...HARLEY DAVIDSON ROADKING & SPORTSTER...
BultacoBen

Post by BultacoBen »

Rockerbri wrote:also need to find a place that i can get some rear shocks from ?
Quite hard to find replacements, thread about finding new ones here. http://www.jampot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9431

Easiest solution seems to be finding shocks the right length (e.g. 390mm Betor MX) rather than looking for original replacements.
http://www.ben-eddings.com
1966 Matchless G2 CSR scrambler
1986 Suzuki DR600 long-range explorer
1971 BSA B50T street tracker
Rockerbri

Post by Rockerbri »

ta for that bbenxe, was a good read, i dont think the ones on mine are the original ones and as you say its finding ones the correct lenght. Sad thing ive found is there is not much support for the lightweight owner in spares most places i have been to or contact say they dont have any or much for them this surprised me as i seem to have meet lots trying to get bits for there bike, so there seems to be a call for it. All my parts or 90% have come from e-bay and have been in real bad condition and it takes an age to get them back to be useful again.