lightweight gearbox

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
welden

lightweight gearbox

Post by welden »

Hi[*]
does anyone have a spare 19 tooth gearbox sprocket that would fit a 1962 lightweight gearbox. I have tried club spares and AMC but no one seems to be able to supply one mine has a broken tooth and is worn.If anyone has one could you please let me know how much you require for it thanks Mike
Tribontig
Rangy65

Re: lightweight gearbox

Post by Rangy65 »

Hi Try Andrew Engineering i used a 20T sprocket from them. The benefits are that the bike is less under geared than before.

I do have a G5 rather than a G2 but i expect the gearing is much the same.

If you have no luck PM me as i may have something in the odds n sods boxes no promises though.

Cheers

Steve
welden

Post by welden »

Hi
Thanks for that I will try Andrew engineering if no luck I will pm you
regards Mike
Tribontig
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

Pity, sold one of those about a month ago, I now use a 20 on my 350 the same as Steve with a 55 on the rear wheel, so much nicer to ride at speed... well ok, not exactly speed!! but 60mph is so much more friendly to the engine you just have to change down a bit more frequently around town
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
welden

Post by welden »

Contacted Andrew Engineering today and it looks as though they have the correct 19 tooth sprocket they are sending one out to me today so that I can check to see if it is the right one. The measurements they gave me over the phone sound correct so here's hoping
Mike
Tribontig
welden

Post by welden »

Hi Rangy65
Got the sprocket from Andrew engineering today and it fits perfect Thank you for the contact. Kind regards Mike
Tribontig