Gearbox

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight

Re: Gearbox

Postby ChrisTheChippy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:33 pm

Hi gearbox seal ordered from Villiers spares . Spoke to a really nice fella who had them on the shelf . About six and a bit quid with vat and postage .
Thanks for the link Clanger 9
Just had a thought ( don't usually have that many ) . I am desperately looking for a pair of center stand stops does anyone know if they used the same design on the Norton jubilee ? If so it might be worth an enquiry with their spares dept.
Regards Chris

Postby Rangy65 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:00 pm

Hi Chris are you looking for the stops that restrict the stand when it moves forward or the stand stops that stop the stand hitting the exhaust?

Cheers

Steve

Postby ChrisTheChippy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:11 pm

Hi Steve I am looking for the stops that restrict the centre stand from moving forward. They are sort of kidney shaped with a square hole in one end which the footrest bar goes through .
Listed as part number 042582 & 042583 .
Stand is unusable without them .
Cheers Chris

Postby Ozmadman » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:04 am

ChrisTheChippy wrote:Paul we will have to meet up to talk lightweights as the wife is getting bored with it !
Good idea! my girlfriend hates bikes so no conversations there... PM me on here and I will give you my contact details. I work weird shifts but am often around during the week as well a some weekends
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed

Postby ChrisTheChippy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:30 pm

Hi all
Well I'm sitting here with a sense of smug satisfaction . Found time to do final assembly of the gearbox . Everything went smoothly and I enjoyed the job no small pile of bits leftover so I guess it must all be in there somewhere! ( But not necessarily in the right order :D )
Hardest part of the job was bending over the tab washers yes I am serious . I normally just bend up the edges just a little before fitting so I can get something underneath to start them bending then finish with my grips . Forgot to do that , twice , had to lever up with a thin screwdriver. Not too clever.
I'm leaving the gearbox for a while to allow the sealant to fully cure before refilling with oil .
I guess that brings this thread to an end . Now got to start sorting out the clutch !
Just one more question for ozmadman . Do you get your sae 50 oil from a local supplier ? If so where ? Btw I have sent you a pm
Cheers Chris

Postby Ozmadman » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:11 am

ChrisTheChippy wrote:Just one more question for ozmadman . Do you get your sae 50 oil from a local supplier ? If so where ? Btw I have sent you a pm
Cheers Chris

Hi Chris

I get mine here http://www.stationaryengineparts.com/En ... Pump-Oils/ Not got a PM though??
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed

Postby ChrisTheChippy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:04 am

Thanks for the link Paul . I will have a look today .
Have to have another go at the PM I'm a bit technology challenged so probably made a message of it .
Best regards Chris

Previous

Return to G2 / Model 14