Spares Discount Payment.

These are the front page News Items. Only Club members can add news items to this forum.
rex.webb

Spares Discount Payment.

Post by rex.webb »

Here we are again ,
YES it,s Old Santa of the FENRUNNERS section.
Is it true that the amount now payable to join the
"Spares discount " scheme is £10 ?.
r w webb
Stuoyb

Spares Discount Payment.

Post by Stuoyb »

Rex,

Yes, it was announced in "Front Seat" in the October Jampot. It has never changed up until now.

Methinks that it's still great value as I've never spent less than £100 in any year.
Rob Harknett

Spares Discount Payment.

Post by Rob Harknett »

The spares discount fee has never been increased since day one. Even with the big increase now, it still has not been increased at the same rate as membership fees, over the same period of time.
Groily

Spares Discount Payment.

Post by Groily »

Amazingly good value IMHO, given that our prices are also, mainly, pretty keen. Am with stuoyb on this but stupidly only signed up for the spares scheme recently. Really daft of me not to have done it years ago.
Flash

Spares Discount Payment.

Post by Flash »

I cannot understand why the club feels the need to make huge profits, I think that it is doing pretty well at the moment without having to increase the ammount we, as members have to pay. I can understand and accept the memership rise from £24 to £26 but to put the spares scheme up 50% is just not on and I for one will not pay this, I know how much profit some spares are making for the club. I think I will have to shop around in the future for my spares.
Thats my two pence worth.

Spares Discount Payment.

Post by 1608 »

Pride before a fall Flash! I think its well worth it, especially with the free advice and chat etc.
SPRIDDLER

Spares Discount Payment.

Post by SPRIDDLER »

quote:
I cannot understand why the club feels the need to make huge profits,

If my memory serves me well I recall that in the last JSL accounts their Admin cost seemed to exceed their Gross Profit. Presumably JSL carries more overhead than just those of the day-to-day spares operation.
They will need to make good profits for capital investments in unobtainable parts, as in this month's Jampot where JSL proposes to invest in production of new 650 crankshafts, if demand justifies.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
rex.webb

Spares Discount Payment.

Post by rex.webb »

Sorry John /
Its a 100% Rise !.
r w webb
Malleon

Spares Discount Payment.

Post by Malleon »

Please come to the Annual General Meeting of JSL, soon to be announced (I hope), and make your views known. You will receive the annual accounts and also the report of the Directors for the current trading period. Should be interesting !
itma

Spares Discount Payment.

Post by itma »

If it doesn't make a profit, it will make a loss.

End of JSL