Spares sales to 'non-members'

These are the front page News Items. Only Club members can add news items to this forum.
itma

Post by itma »

Whatever the pros and cons of this matter, I would suppose that any non-member buying spares would then be bombarded with suitable propaganda and persuasion about the benefits of being a full time club member?

After all, we'd know where they live......
Don Madden

Post by Don Madden »

Over here, price fixing is vendors conspiring to sell the same item at the same fixed price. No danger with JSL.
Cheers, Don.
lawrence

Post by lawrence »

quote:
Whatever the pros and cons of this matter, I would suppose that any non-member buying spares would then be bombarded with suitable propaganda and persuasion about the benefits of being a full time club member?

Got it in one Ken!

I understand Steve's concerns and he is right to voice them and good that he has. Personally I feel sure the club are simply trying to keep the club solvent for the future. It won't end up simply about making money. I certainly would not be happy if that happened and think the full committee would agree.
itma

Post by itma »

I think life here in UK is going to get very very difficult here for a spell.
A lot of enterprises of all sizes will go down the pan, so all options need to be kept open,
Many youngsters, ie under 50, have no idea of economy or of ways to economise, it will come hardest on them.
Old farts who, by second nature, waste nothing and who are used to a spot of belt tightening will weather it better than others.
Not for nothing does my cynical side connect the present fad for growing ones own veg with "dig for victory"
Tonight on the box was a programe detailing the nonsense about sell by dates, pointing out that we throw away 7 million tons of good food every year.
I like many others here come from a time when if it was on your plate you ate it, if not you got it again later, warm if you were lucky.
Times they are a changing lads, we're all doomed.
God thats cheered me up no end

Fuel is forecast to hit £2 litre within 18 months.
that'll clear the roads.
Edited by - itma on 13 Jun 2008 9:59:31 PM
Rick.Edwards
Deceased

Post by Rick.Edwards »

Yes ken but they'll all be on mobylettes like yours.
The piston ring King
Groily

Post by Groily »

. . . and what's wrong with lovely classic mobylettes like the one wot I bought for 30 Euros as a jokey pressie for a mate, who now loves it and won't give me it back? Came in several boxes, allegedly all there, and it took 3 of us exactly 64 minutes to assemble it and have it running quite well. Even the horn and lights worked - well, sparks came off the ends of some of the wires . . . Quality or what, after years in a dungeon? All we need now is a new beret and a string of onions, from the dig for victory bed. And a glass of something.
itma

Post by itma »

very underated bit of machinery les Mobylettes,'.... in an effort to convey a little bit of gallic flavour to my sheds, residing therein are an 88. an 89 and a z22c. which might mean summat to Groily if not the rest of you.
and at 200mpg worth their wieght in petrol soon.

editd for spoling and punctureationEdited by - itma on 14 Jun 2008 8:18:32 PM
lawrence

Post by lawrence »

Now ITMA is calling me an old fart! Where is a moderator when you need one
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

200 mpg very good but will you live long enough to travel anywhere further than the end of the drive.
Chemists do it with test tubes
Biscuit
Deceased

Post by Biscuit »

Exchange items without commercial profit? fine when it is Club Members only, but now JSL are supplying all and sundry it just wouldn't make sense.