Technical Articles

These are the front page News Items. Only Club members can add news items to this forum.
thomthom

Technical Articles

Post by thomthom »

I'm part way through
OPERATIONAL ASPECTS OF CLASSIC COIL IGNITION SYSTEMS Page 2

it was the first back issue that came to hand,
Biscuit
Deceased

Technical Articles

Post by Biscuit »

This is my problem, I'm working back from 2002, I would have come to that eventually.

I feel Eamonn needs to sort out who's doing what, before I lose interest.

Eric

Technical Articles

Post by Eric »

Alan I maybe teaching grannie to suck eggs but anything that is not yet done shows as not available or something similar in the list, so choose one or two of them, do your thing and let Eamonn have them. Then he can include them and update the list so that everyone else will be aware they have been done. I did about six some years ago and they were updated in the list in just a day or so. Then if you are still in the mood you can do one or two more. I agree there is a slight chance that something maybe duplicated but its very remote.
Biscuit
Deceased

Technical Articles

Post by Biscuit »

I have submitted two recently, and the corresponding unavailable items are still there, so looking for them means nothing.

I don't intend to do them when 'I was in the mood' I got the impression that from Eamonn that no one else was interested and I made a commitment to do the lot, now we have thomthom covering one 'because it was the first one to come to hand' This is plainly ridiculous, it needs co-ordinating, and as Eamonn is plainly very busy, that's not going to happen.

So I think I'm out.

lawrence

Technical Articles

Post by lawrence »

Before you quit Alan, is it worth e-mailing Eamonn?
Eamonn
Webmaster

Technical Articles

Post by Eamonn »

Click here to view the articles that need reproducing

Anyone who can help out on this project, please let me know which articles you are planning on working on first. I can then update this list accordingly to prevent duplication of work.

If anyone produces an article that doesn't get taken off the list, please let me know. I may have lost the email, the anti-spam tools may have trapped the attachments, next-doors dog could have eaten the email, there's all sorts of reasons why I don't get something !!

Corners like a Lego man
SPRIDDLER

Technical Articles

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Eamonn
I've gone to the page "Technical Articles that need converting" several times to see how I may help but I get a page with lots of this: (But layout correct and unscrambled!)

ID DateYYYYMMDD Author Title Submission by

115 19990201 Mark Gooding 12 V conversion from 6V

and I rapidly abandon the idea.
How do I access an article in order to retype it? I don't have a scanner but could retype copy at a leisurely pace.
But then if I can open the document surely it won't need retyping anyway?
'Confused' of Tai Ping
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Biscuit
Deceased

Technical Articles

Post by Biscuit »

You need the relevant back numbers of the 'Jampot'

Ill advised comment which I have removed.Edited by - Biscuit on 14 Jan 2008 09:00:01 AM

Eamonn
Webmaster

Technical Articles

Post by Eamonn »

quote:
How do I access an article in order to retype it? I don't have a scanner but could retype copy at a leisurely pace.
But then if I can open the document surely it won't need retyping anyway?

Neville, you're quite right! If you could read the article or download it there would be no need for any work as it would already have been done

The point is that you need access to the original printed article so that you can scan in the photos (if any) and/or retype the words. If you know of someone who you could borrow old Jampots from and then type up those that don't have photos, that would be an ideal solution in your case.

If you can do something, that's great, thank you very much. If you can't help out this time, don't worry about it, I'm pleased you at least thought about it and made the effort to help.
Corners like a Lego man
SPRIDDLER

Technical Articles

Post by SPRIDDLER »

O.K. I'll see if I can find some old Jampots in the shed - although they are usually recycled once I've read them.

The best laid plans,........so forth.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'