Classic Oils

These are the front page News Items. Only Club members can add news items to this forum.
clive

Re: Classic Oils

Post by clive »

Invoice on the way :rofl:
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Quite frankly when this is a service offered by the parts side of the club for the benefit of club members it should be posted where ever deemed fit. The News Items forum to me seems the ideal place to reach the majority of forum users. It's not a recommendation as such, it's a brokered discount deal.
If the club's parts service can't post details of a brokered deal that was done to benefit the members then all is lost! :roll:
poplargreg

Post by poplargreg »

Yes - It's a good thing. But it is not a service offered by Parts or a deal brokered by Parts, it's just a link to a private company selling oil at a discount to club members.
So why can't any business offering a discount notify member in the same way?

I'll do so if given the opportunity.
Stuoyb

Post by Stuoyb »

It is a service brokered and offered by the parts service - I should know as I contacted the supplier and set up the arrangement.
As previously stated, the online parts service has been updated and there is a new category "Lubricants" which branches to Classic Oils and the existing Shop Sales products.
This arrangement provides a benefit for both members and the club.
The parts service will be offering discounts on the existing shop items at the Jampot Rally next week to dispose of them and afterwards our shop sales will be a selection of Classic Oils products.
rex.webb

Post by rex.webb »

ALL getting verry
COMPLICATED ?????????????????????????????
r w webb
en7jos

Post by en7jos »

I have to agree with the point that Greg is making here. There are a number of members who, as part of their interest in old bikes, offer various parts and services that would be of interest to other club members. Be it tax discs, LED lights, magneto capacitors, tools to rotate the dynamo, etc, etc. Whilst I am in no way suggesting that the forum needs to become riddled with advertising, it would be nice to be able to be able to make mention of these offerings without upsetting anyone. I think a complete advertising ban (unless its wiring loom related! :shock: ) is a little self defeating.

Other bike forums have an advertisement section to keep all that sort of stuff separate - maybe we could have something similar here? That way the info is there if you want it, but it doesn't 'pollute' the main boards. I know we have an advertisement section on the website, but its pretty limited. No photos, small description, no way to ask questions or discuss. Could even be a paid for service, similar to the jampot adds, but with room for discussion. I for one would like to know more about what other club members are doing and offering (and of course would welcome an opportunity to share the same info)!

Well done Stuart with regards to negotiating the oil discount though - another added benefit to being a club member. Sorry your thread has gone a bit off topic, but at least it will keep it current so more users see it!

Regards, James

P.S. I do however think that Greg should be completely banned from any sort of mention of his 'PoplarGreg' website as it clearly has nothing to do with motorcycles! :D
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
poplargreg

Post by poplargreg »

I totally agree with that James. I was beginning to feel just a bit lonely!

You've uncovered the source of my username - the weekend tree nursery has gradually morphed into something less physically demanding. Must get round to taking those pages down!
saltbox alf
Deceased

Post by saltbox alf »

Have to say that Poplar trees might have a link to Motorcycles.
I leant the G3 against a Poplar whilst 'avin a leak, me, not the chaincase and the stability was very good. I also found that the bark whilst providing friction against the saddle, to stop the bike rolling away, proved to be kind to the saddle material .

The Poplar tree is to found all over the northern hemisphere and for those wishing to park on uneven surfaces, the use of the popular Poplar tree can only be a boon.
(Other trees are also availiable on a road side near you)
:rofl:
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS
Johnobirches

Post by Johnobirches »

Stability..... the bike whilst leaning or you whilst leaking?
saltbox alf
Deceased

Post by saltbox alf »

As it happens the bike is much more stable than me! Even before a touch of the red stuff :lol:

Back to oil, it's rather good that you can get oil of the right stuff via the club. It's a bit more difficult 'ere in forin parts, however have found a supplier of Miller oils near to the Dordoigne area, so post will be reasonable as it's France internal. Wonder if I can get a discount?
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS