My old bike G12 de luxe 385 BYV

Where is that old bike?
john taylor

My old bike G12 de luxe 385 BYV

Post by john taylor »

Dear members.
I bought my G12 back in 1976 and sold it in 1989 after many great adventures including the first rockers reunion run to the queens hotel southend on sea about 1986.
Eventually it blew up and I sort of lost interest in it and sold it in a non running condition to a Mr F.Warren.
Why am writing? I am not trying to by the bike back i'm just interestead in its history if the bike is still around, as I have many photo's of it and momento's of its past. Unfortunatly I recently threw away all the old MOT certificates dating back to 1968 as I could not contact the present owner, DVLA not giving any info whatsoever.
I can tell loads of great stories about speeding through Dartford tunnel at speedo reading of 120 mph!!!!! and pulling wheelies with a swallow jet 80 sidecar attatched before I passed my test.
If the present owner wishes to contact me by email at jonnyfortune@hotmail.com or anybody can pass the message on I would be most greatful.
Keep riding
John

As a post script,I did not ride for another 10 years but now ride a BSA A65 though still sometimes wear a single Matchless pin badge I bought from Russel Motors Battersea back in the early 1980's.