726 AHR MATCHELSS 1962 BELIVED TO BE IN CALNE WILTSHRE

Where is that old bike?
mxdeanmay

726 AHR MATCHELSS 1962 BELIVED TO BE IN CALNE WILTSHRE

Post by mxdeanmay »

hi there try hunt down this bike it was in are family for year but was sold. now like to find it again last place it was seen was in calne wiltsher. my interest is find bike and let my gramp see it again he now in his 70s and not in best of health and just like find it so he can see it again. i know bike still about as dvl web sight still showing it just need bit of help call me after 2pm 07889129181 Image
Rob Harknett

Re: 726 AHR MATCHELSS 1962 BELIVED TO BE IN CALNE WILTSHRE

Post by Rob Harknett »

Looks like a 250 CSR 1962 Matchless. A very early one as they were not introduced until May 1962. It has a Wiltshire reg. no. AHR which ended in June 1962. Which is why I say its an early 62 250 CSR. Like this extras. Avon Dolphin fairing, ace bars and panniers I thought at first may be Roddark, in custom pannier frames. I guess if found it may not now have those extras. I have a 66 CSR like the bike. Also 63 AJS version. Hope the bike turns up, a little of its history awaits the owner. I've made a rush job photo shopping the pic a bit as I wanted a better look at the panniers.
1962 Matchless 726 AHR.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.