AJS 30cs - UMJ 638

Where is that old bike?
pete_rbg

AJS 30cs - UMJ 638

Post by pete_rbg »

Hi all,
I've signed up as a member to the Club and Forum today after an absence of goodness-knows how many years. My previous membership number was 239 and the 'Rule Book' that I still have gives a date of December 1985.

I'm interested in knowing if any Club member owns UMJ 638, which I sadly had to part company with about eighteen years ago. Any information will be most welcome. I've also posted a picture of the bike, as it was when I owned it, in the Classic Road Machines photograph section (you can see the Owners Cub badge fitted underneath the tank, below the clip-ons).
The bike was styled as a café racer when I bought it, but was in need of some serious TLC. Over the years that I owned it (about twenty) I rebuilt most of the bike. The main noticeable futures that I fitted were the ex-works short circuit tank and the Amal TT9…
… Anyway, I better not waffle too much more!

Many thanks, in anticipation, for any feedback as to the bike's current whereabouts.
Pete
clive

Re: AJS 30cs - UMJ 638

Post by clive »

Number still linked to an AJS model 30 and taxed til May 2018 according to DVLA.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
pete_rbg

Re: AJS 30cs - UMJ 638

Post by pete_rbg »

Hi Clive,
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I had already looked up the DVLA records to check that the bike is still in existence. Just hoping to find out if it's a AJS & MOC member that now owns it.
Thanks again,
Pete