VTU 236

Where is that old bike?
kardecha

VTU 236

Post by kardecha »

Anyone know the whereabouts of a 1955 Matchless G9, VTU 236. We have an equivalent 1955 G9 restored and we use it but would like to know if Dads (bought new by him) old one has survived, since it was last seen in 1983. Mum and Dad both took this to the South of France in '56 and '57 when a Carnet was required to cross the Channel!

Thanks,

Colin
1955G9

Re: VTU 236

Post by 1955G9 »

Hi Kardecha - I'd be interested to hear more about history of VTU 236 - i.e. where did you see this in 1983? When did your Dad sell it / did he sell it to a friend maybe?

I think there is a chance this may be the bike in the back of my mum's garage - although I always seemed to believe that Bike was a 650cc (larger capacity than the G9 i think - but I may have my facts wrong either way).

The bike I know hasn't seen the light of day for over 30 years minimum, maybe longer (so the dates seem to fit at least).

I'm certainly considering investing some money in a restoration project - so even if its not the same bike i'd be keen to hear any advice you have as to who may be a good mechanic / company in the North West I could use to get this back on the road?

Look forward to any reply.
Malleon

Re: VTU 236

Post by Malleon »

Welcome back, Colin,
Long time no see; the next Section meeting is on 2 October, Bill Smith recalling some of his race experiences. You will be welcome!
Best regards.