CSR 30, 600 AYB

Where is that old bike?
poplargreg

Re: CSR 30, 600 AYB

Post by poplargreg »

DougF wrote:Hi Greg, I did not realise that there was such a form? and will be more than happy to pay a fee, will have to try again.
Rob is correct MOT tests are no longer required prior to 1960, just me not thinking!
Yes, I forget the number, it's mainly to get details of the owner of the other vehicle in an accident, but also for our purpose. There's a section to explain the reason for your request. My first attempt met with the same rebuff you got, but when done by the book and paying a fee, no problem. Leave the letter to be forwarded unsealed.
clive

Post by clive »

Rob Harknett wrote:Not much hope of finding the owner on this forum. Apart from guests, there are very few club members that regularly log on to help. Many will only be here to get help and advise.
I don't agree Rob, there are a number of club members who offer help on this website. I like to think I am one of them when it comes to singles and I have received lots of help on the forum with sorting out my twin. In fact we have had a number of website users remark that they have joined the club because of the support they received.
Having said that DougF, the majority of club members do not use the website and so may not see the enquiry about this bike. If the route through the DVLA is not successful you could try an advert in the Wanted section of the club adverts which would appear in both the website and club magazine which goes out to about 3500 people. Adverts are free to club members, otherwise £5. Clive Turner Advertising Editor
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
rex.webb

Post by rex.webb »

I Must try this Method for some of my motorcycles ?.
I did not know there was a Form ETC .
RIDE with CARE and LIVE LONG to
Enjoy your MOTORCYCLING and Scootering.
Insured with PETER JAMES .
r w webb
DougF

Post by DougF »

The form that Greg is referring to is V888, I have just downloaded one and filled it in, DVLA require a separate form and a £5 fee for each vehicle, if I was (rex.webb) I would try and search one at a time.
Will be in touch Clive re: advert in wanted section, another route I had not thought of.
Many thanks to all.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

clive wrote:
Rob Harknett wrote:Not much hope of finding the owner on this forum. Apart from guests, there are very few club members that regularly log on to help. Many will only be here to get help and advise.
I don't agree Rob, there are a number of club members who offer help on this website. I like to think I am one of them when it comes to singles and I have received lots of help on the forum with sorting out my twin. In fact we have had a number of website users remark that they have joined the club because of the support they received.
Having said that DougF, the majority of club members do not use the website and so may not see the enquiry about this bike. If the route through the DVLA is not successful you could try an advert in the Wanted section of the club adverts which would appear in both the website and club magazine which goes out to about 3500 people. Adverts are free to club members, otherwise £5. Clive Turner Advertising Editor
Bit confusing there Clive, you did not agree very few members log on to the web site to help, but you then said, the majority of members do not use the website.?? which is what I was saying. If members do not use the website they cannot help. Clive, you are indeed one of a few, out of 3500 members, that take a very active role in helping others via the website forum.
saltbox alf
Deceased

Post by saltbox alf »

There is of course a core section of people who have a good knowledge and experience of our bikes, who frequently answer questions and those who are gaining experience from that help. I think that in time the forum will be a more frequented place as members get more used to the forum as a communication tool. the 'pub' ont inetrnet (bring your own beer)

There are more younger (sic) members who are compooter savvy and I note more members making the occasional post.
I expect it's a slow process, but so much is now done online, it stands to reason that more will use the forum.

As for the CSR, not seen it in my neck of the woods :headbang: However some one might see it!
Allons-y, amis de Matchless et AJS
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

You could try other clubs, in particular, a club, perhaps local to the area the bike may be known to be in.
DougF

Post by DougF »

Yippee!

So far so good, I have just received a letter back from the DVLA (Nicky Williams) at the Central Casework Group:-

[b]Vehicle Registration Mark: 600 AYB[/b]

I refer to your letter of 21/10/2014 in which you asked for a letter to be passed on to the keeper of the
above vehicle.

I can confirm that this has been despatched. :beer:

I can now only hope that the owner wants to make contact.

Thanks for the help from forum members.
poplargreg

Post by poplargreg »

There ARE understanding human beings at DVLA!
Good luck :D
DougF

Post by DougF »

Its not looking good, almost month since the DVLA wrote to say that they had passed on my letter and as yet I've had no reply, guess not everyone wants to make contact with previous owners about a bikes history.