AJS Model 20 in East Yorkshire in the 50's

Where is that old bike?
BJV431

Post by BJV431 »

Hi All,

I know this is a bit of a long shot but I know its possible to get all previous keeper details from DVLA and wondered if there is a Model 20 owner out there who has researched their machines history and just happens to have on that previously belonged to a Michael Fitzpatrick, Rectory Lane, Preston in East Yorkshire.

It was my fathers bike who passed away last year and I would very much like to see if its still in existence. Whilst he was alive he did give me the one photo of the bike with the reg number on but I have lost it. It is some time ago that I registered for this forum and can't remember how I ended up with the user hame BJV431 but wondered if its possible I may of registered with the bikes reg number or are you allocated a user name randomly but the system?.

Like I say I know its a long shot!! The photo may turn up but have searched high and low.

Thanks Carl
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

Search on DVLA does not show any entry of AJS reg BJV431
Sam
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

BJV is a 1950 Grimsby reg.no. try Town Hall Record office, Town Hall Square, Grimsby DN31 1HX
BJV431

Post by BJV431 »

quote:
Search on DVLA does not show any entry of AJS reg BJV431

No thats right Sam, already exhausted that option but thanks for looking, Regards Carl
BJV431

Post by BJV431 »

quote:
BJV is a 1950 Grimsby reg.no. try Town Hall Record office, Town Hall Square, Grimsby DN31 1HX

Thanks for that info Rob, I didn't know that. I will see what information I can get from them and update...

Like I say, that might not even have been the bikes reg number but if this site gives you the option to create your own user name then I think it probably will be, its so long ago I can't remember. I certainly wouldnt of chosen that user name out of the blue if you get me.

Regards
Carl
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Just one thing Carl, Grimsby now comes, under the Lincoln office. I do not know when this change came about. So if you have no luck from Grimsby, you may need to try the Lincolnshire archive office.St. Rumbold Street, Lincoln, LN2 8AB. Still more , many local offices are now archiving old records in the kithead trust, which is found at
www.kitheadtrust.org.uk/england
Thats about all the clues I can give you.
The number does check out to support the year of your old bike and where registered. good luck,
Rob
BJV431

Post by BJV431 »

Just a quick update, Rob thanks for the recommendation for the Grimsby records office. I spoke to the very helpful chap by the name of Phil who sadly confirmed that according to his information the number I gave him, ie BJV431 infact relates to a 650cc BSA so now that brings me back to the quandry of were did I get the idea for BJV431 as my user name. I simply can't remember but thank you all for your help.

Will just have to keep looking for the photo!

Regards
Carl
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Could still be from the model 20, BVJ but different combination of 431