MDE492

Where is that old bike?
Arthur Garnon

MDE492

Post by Arthur Garnon »

Does anyone have any knowledge of this bike? It was a bike that was part of my childhood and I would like to think that it is still out there somewhere, and perhaps still with its original owner? Owned by a friend of my father's, it was a 500 single, with flat bars and alloy rims. It always impressed me as I used to see it regularly. Thanks for any help. Arthur
bigwol

MDE492

Post by bigwol »

What make was it?
It's all just riding motorbikes
Samuel

MDE492

Post by Samuel »

quote:
Does anyone have any knowledge of this bike? It was a bike that was part of my childhood and I would like to think that it is still out there somewhere, and perhaps still with its original owner? Owned by a friend of my father's, it was a 500 single, with flat bars and alloy rims. It always impressed me as I used to see it regularly. Thanks for any help. Arthur

Try looking here
Sam
Rob Harknett

MDE492

Post by Rob Harknett »

MDE is a Pembrokeshire reg.no.
Registrations from DE1 to TDE202N survive.
That must be all their records prior to going to DVLA at Swansea. The bike would be 1950 or later. Records of the machine its first registered owner etc will still be on record at: Pembrokeshire Record Office.
Dyfed Archive Service, The Castle, Haverfordwest, SA61 2EFEdited by - Rob Harknett on 06 Jul 2012 11:02:52 AM
bigwol

MDE492

Post by bigwol »

For the vehicle status check you need the make as well as the reg. number Samuel, which i why i asked the question. To check a MOT status you need either a cert number or V5 ref.
As for Ins check, you have to state you are the current owner of the vehicle......
It's all just riding motorbikes
Rob Harknett

MDE492

Post by Rob Harknett »

So far the person making this inquirey has not responded. We could had asked if he recalled the reg. no. from years ago, or has a photo of the bike. From which we could at least tell him what the bike was. He can also follow the lead I gave to discover the bikes details.
Arthur Garnon

MDE492

Post by Arthur Garnon »

Thanks for your replies, The bike is an AJS, exact model unknown, other than, it was a 500 single. I knew the original owner personally, but he moved away from Pembrokeshire in the sixties. I have always wondered about the machine and its owner ever since. I have tried some of the avenues suggested, with no success. However, you have given me a few ideas to follow up. I'll let you know how I get on, thanks again.
Arthur
Rob Harknett

MDE492

Post by Rob Harknett »

The Pembroke archives will have the bike on record and it original owner. Unless they have since passed details on to Kitheld ?? forget the name unless I look it up, but this trust are archiving many local vro old registration records..