Supplier of ALTON alternator required

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
clive

Post by clive »

Does anyone know a UK supplier for the Alton alternator? This is the French special 12 volt alternator which bolts in place of the dynamo. I have had one for about 5 years and think it is terrific despite very high initial cost. I now want to convert my combination so I can get back on the road after my broken leg. If not a uk supplier has anyone got the current address for the French supplier. All my details went when the computer hard drive crashed at Xmas. Not as painful as my crash but nearly as difficult to sort out!!
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

Clive, I don't know of a UK supplier but there is a directory of motorcycle services available at www.motosale.com - searchable by company name or category.

They list the email address for Alton France as
formats@blue-mail.com

HTH
Corners like a Lego man
silverarrow

Post by silverarrow »

I recently helped get a batch made specifically for the AMC singles and twins but all are sold from the inaugral batch. What engine is it for and i will see if a unit can be obtained for you. The company are not renowned for answering emails so do not anticipate a prompt responce. Some good info can be found at the Angelfire site http:80.62.76.243 However this site will be down until after the International rally. If you need any help and/or advice please contact me at 0116 259 3508 day or 0116 259 0030 home lessmith@members.v21.co.uk Les Smith
Keep smiling
clive

Post by clive »

thanks for the info Eamonn and Les
clive
clive

Post by clive »

thanks for the info Eamonn and Les
clive
Biscuit
Deceased

Post by Biscuit »

Clive, do you not back up your data to cd-rw? In 30 years working on computers backing up the data was a basic tenet, from duplicate trays of punched cards in the very early days, to reel to reel magnetic tape and finally to disc.

clive

Post by clive »

Alan until I had the accident I preferred riding my bikes to fiddling round with computer back-ups. Now if I could back up an engine on CD rom to take with me on a long ride I might be interested. Clive
clive