Rear sprocket/brake drum

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
vnlm

Rear sprocket/brake drum

Post by vnlm »

Hi,
Anybody help me?? I'm looking for a new rear sprocket/drum listed part no. 025225 for a matchless g80 1961. It isn't listed as such in the parts at jampot spares, have searched the forums but little info. Can you still obtain them ??

DWMC
Eric

Rear sprocket/brake drum

Post by Eric »

I am surprised it is not listed in the JSL parts catalogue because I am seem to remember another thread about them sometime ago that said they were now stocked at JSL have you given them a call?
Biscuit
Deceased

Rear sprocket/brake drum

Post by Biscuit »

'55 '56 are there but I can't see the later ones with the rubbers.

Whoops, now I can - 023070, page 20, RH side approx. 2/3 the way down.Edited by - Biscuit on 14 Jul 2008 2:50:02 PM

vnlm

Rear sprocket/brake drum

Post by vnlm »

Thanks, I'm amazed at the speed of the reply, I'll check now!!
DWMC
vnlm

Rear sprocket/brake drum

Post by vnlm »

I checked, this must be a different one as the no. is different, and mine is 42 teeth, no rubbers just 5 bolts, any idea?? the catalogue states the no. I gave at first, have to presume it is correct.
DWMC
Biscuit
Deceased

Rear sprocket/brake drum

Post by Biscuit »

Ah, I assumed it was the QD thingy, apologies. Try Tony Surbey, AMC Classic Spares for a second hand one. He has one on his list, but it may have gone.

vnlm

Rear sprocket/brake drum

Post by vnlm »

Well after many enquiries (JSL etc) I (and others) have come to the conclusion that you can't get this part new, surprising but true. Therefore scouring your forum I came upon these http://www.sprockets.stenor.com/ so off it goes for refurb. I'll let you know how it turns out (about £100 inclusive of postage).
DWMC
GSAX1

Rear sprocket/brake drum

Post by GSAX1 »

Stenor made some Douglas sprockets for me recently, and did a beautiful job. They are highly recommended! Good communication and fast turnaround. Not cheap but quality never is...

Michael
vnlm

Rear sprocket/brake drum

Post by vnlm »

Well got it back and they made a great job, highly recommended. Bad news is I asked about making new ones and they said it would cost a fortune, still it'll be a long time before i need a new one.

DWMC
mdt-son

Re: Rear sprocket/brake drum

Post by mdt-son »

vnlm wrote:Well after many enquiries (JSL etc) I (and others) have come to the conclusion that you can't get this part new, surprising but true. Therefore scouring your forum I came upon these http://www.sprockets.stenor.com/ so off it goes for refurb. I'll let you know how it turns out (about �100 inclusive of postage).
It looks as if Stenor Engineering was dissolved in 2014. I get no match when searching for "sprockets stenor". New ownership and name?

-Knut