Lycett saddle

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Beefheart

Lycett saddle

Post by Beefheart »

Hi all,
I wish to put a single seat on my G3ls project can anyone recommend a supplier please? There are plenty to be seen online but the front bracket all seem to be too narrow (2.5") they need to be 3.5". Having recently bought a dual seat online that was well made and looked good but was dimensionally woeful, I am naturally cautious. Thanks Colin
Last edited by Beefheart on Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
alanengineer

Re: Lychett saddle

Post by alanengineer »

2 1/2" will fit mine, give us a clue on what year
bike you are trying to fit it too
Beefheart

Re: Lycett saddle

Post by Beefheart »

Hi Alan, it's a 1953 I have just measured it again (in case of schoolboy error) also checked the remnants of the original dual seat 3.5".
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

The single saddle mounts on a lug under the tank. The lug on the corner which the dual seat mounts on is too wide and too far back. The nose of the seat has to fit in the recess of the tank.
Dave.
alanengineer

Post by alanengineer »

Just had a look at a 52 frame i have in the back garden. It dosent have the saddle fixing lug. But checking my 54 rigid, that does. I can see where you are getting your 3" from and that is not the saddle fixing point for a single seat, but is for a dual seat
Beefheart

Post by Beefheart »

Thanks Alan and Dave it's all much clearer now, there is no lug on my frame. Looking more carefully at the parts book it lists three numbers for the front frame L,CS,Ls etc. Now to see what Leighton's can do with the original dual seat base.
Regards Colin