ATD Documentation?

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Mick D

ATD Documentation?

Post by Mick D »

Hi

Can anyone point me in the direction of documentation with regard to stripping a Lucas ATD? searched the archive and Brightsparks to no avail :(

I have a crusty one with a damaged gear that I'd like to refurbish and keep as a spare to guarantee I never need it ;)

Regards Mick
Groily

Re: ATD Documentation?

Post by Groily »

Best place is Priory Magnetos website. Brilliant explanations and info.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Thanks Bill

That's my reading matter sorted and the site bookmarked - you must be psychic, the ATD is for an Ariel FH / BSA A10

Regards Mick
Groily

Post by Groily »

Not psychic Mick - but have been impressed by the pix of your Ariel, that's for sure! Getting on for 50 years ago I had a VH single, which I loved well and fondly. I swapped it very foolishly for a go-faster cafe racer Beesa - that didn't!

The good thing about Priory Mags is that Andrew's got the rivets and stuff, sells the gears, offers a repair service if he's got the bits, and is a good egg as well. Very well known in A10 circles obviously. His explanation of how ATDs work, and why they sometimes seem not to, is that good that we never bothered to add anything on the Brightspark site bar some data on degrees of advance on the various not-very-different versions. I just refer folk to him!
GOLDSTAR

Post by GOLDSTAR »

Hi Groily, trust you are well and staying safe, I would certainly endorse your view on Andrew, a very approachable and affable chap talked me through renovating my '42 W/ng mag even finding the old shaped tufnol mounting for the brushes, talked me through the whole thing also, certainly gave me confidence, stay safe now. kind regards
cbranni

Post by cbranni »

I have bookmarked Priory too Bill, handy to know, thanks and take care.

Colin
only dead fish go with the flow