Ammeter ?

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
G15 Roy

Re: Ammeter ?

Post by G15 Roy »

g80csp11 wrote:Rob , time for a bit apology to Wassell , you should not jump to conclusions so easily
Most of the parts they sell are pretty good and in may the only option you have
I am with you Peter never blame any one until you are sure unless it's the The man from DVR2. :x
Roy
Stan Palmer

Post by Stan Palmer »

Mention of Wassell problems had me a bit worried. I bought a complete electrical system for my Tiger Cub, the vendor at Kempton convinced me to have a system without battery, it is mostly made by Wassell and does include a voltage control unit. I had misgivings almost straight away, more to do with the fact that if the bike is not running (stalled at lights for instance) it has no lights. Since then I have obtained an additional cub, this time a Mountain cub that never did have a battery, so I have the opportunity to use the Wassell system on the mountain cub and buy another battery based system for the ordinary cub. What do the experts think ?
Both bikes had very little of the original electrical system left. The mountain cub was originally energy transfer and reputed to be fairly hopeless.
Stan
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

I think it's been proven that Mr Swifts porblem was not the product from Wassell .
Roy
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

G15 Roy wrote:I think it's been proven that Mr Swifts porblem was not the product from Wassell .
Quite correct the problem was nothing to do with the ammeter or the regulator rectifier. It was a badly butchered switch that quite frankly should never have been left on a restoration like this. Whilst everything worked it led to very misleading test results.