Lucas dynamo decode

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
asterysk_usa

Lucas dynamo decode

Post by asterysk_usa »

Could someone possibly tell
Me what the O on the end of the model means :

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1954 AJS 18S Cyprus export (frame decode says 1954 but many components match a 1955).
ajscomboman

Re: Lucas dynamo decode

Post by ajscomboman »

If you go to the bightspark magnetos website there is a Lucas download of all dynamo codes and models they fit.
asterysk_usa

Post by asterysk_usa »

ajscomboman wrote:If you go to the bightspark magnetos website there is a Lucas download of all dynamo codes and models they fit.
I had a good look at the documentation on the website and also online but can't for the life of me work out what the "O" stands for !
1954 AJS 18S Cyprus export (frame decode says 1954 but many components match a 1955).
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Apparently it can't be worth worrying about as I can find nothing about the O suffix either.
asterysk_usa

Post by asterysk_usa »

ajscomboman wrote:Apparently it can't be worth worrying about as I can find nothing about the O suffix either.
I have been hunting online to try and find out and noticed that it appears as a suffix consistently in the Lucas export parts list, perhaps it means Overseas . My bike was an export so that would align