Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
I used well seal after cleaning up drive end plate with a little solvent, well seal on Dyno plate fit cork gasket, more well seal on gasket face, some around c/case hole, fit Dyno nice and snug tighten clamp wipe off excess like raffles says leave overnight
Thanks Tony that seems like a good plan and I always like to have a plan. Just waiting for the cork gaskets (I ordered sufficient for more than one attempt!) and then I'll crack on.
I've mentioned elsewhere in this forum that I find it helps to put a piece of wood between the dynamo end and the wall, or something to locate the free end firmly, and lightly lean the bike against it. You get a positive pressure against the gasket while you do everything up. It's easier with 2 of you, but I've done it successfully on my own a few times.
I've just tried this using a small carpenters clamp placed across the timing case and the dynamo end and it works well. Needed to jiggle it a bit to get it in place behind the exhaust pipes and very careful not to over tighten.
Geoff Newis wrote:I've just tried this using a small carpenters clamp placed across the timing case and the dynamo end and it works well. Needed to jiggle it a bit to get it in place behind the exhaust pipes and very careful not to over tighten.
That's positively high tech compared to my method! Same result though, and I'm glad it worked. I do have an old sash clamp, but it's a big hefty thing and about 4ft long - might be a bit of overkill...
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: ksg and 8 guests