1965 rear mudguard support tubes

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
ajscomboman

Re: 1965 rear mudguard support tubes

Post by ajscomboman »

Spot on John, that's exactly what I'm after. Luckily enough I have some tubing the correct size to slip over the sleeve nut so will cap the other end and drill a 3/8" hole for the bolt to go through so it lines through cleanly and won't flop around when tightened down.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

ajscomboman wrote:Spot on John, that's exactly what I'm after. Luckily enough I have some tubing the correct size to slip over the sleeve nut so will cap the other end and drill a 3/8" hole for the bolt to go through so it lines through cleanly and won't flop around when tightened down.
Johns are the same as in the sales pics Rob. Johns pic's showed looking down on the stays showing the bend. Knowing now they are bent away from the guard to form grab handles, looking again at the sales cat pic's. At the rear end there is dark shading, in an attempt to illustrate that bend. You would not at first spot that shading. If you look again at the pictures Rob, you should now see the shading I refer to, adding to the fact, they are the parts of the AMC and Norton type, part numbers you were looking for. The only difference perhaps being, AMC type fit on the suspension bolt.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Rob I had the grab handles etc, what I was after was a picture like John sent showing the type of spacer needed to fit between the guard and the handle. I suspected that they would be just tubes but needed confirmation.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

ajscomboman wrote:Rob I had the grab handles etc, what I was after was a picture like John sent showing the type of spacer needed to fit between the guard and the handle. I suspected that they would be just tubes but needed confirmation.
Ah miss understood that Rob. I was thinking you had the short grab handles which were not correct. You mentioned not finding pictures of 029440 029441 which are the l & R lifting handles stated as being for G15Mk 2 spacers pt.no. 029446.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Rob Harknett wrote:
ajscomboman wrote:Rob I had the grab handles etc, what I was after was a picture like John sent showing the type of spacer needed to fit between the guard and the handle. I suspected that they would be just tubes but needed confirmation.
Ah miss understood that Rob. I was thinking you had the short grab handles which were not correct. You mentioned not finding pictures of 029440 029441 which are the l & R lifting handles stated as being for G15Mk 2 spacers pt.no. 029446.
Yep i misunderstood the the manual description but later found the spacer part number. I've now received further in depth pictures from Paul Guse showing the way the spacers were made. I have to say my guess wasn't far adrift from the correct part so they'll be made tomorrow. Thanks everyone.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

So let's see the photo so all can see to help others in the future.
Roy
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

No, they're top secret!! :D I'll load them into the pictures library in Post War Twin parts.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

ajscomboman wrote:
Rob Harknett wrote:
Yep i misunderstood the the manual description but later found the spacer part number. I've now received further in depth pictures from Paul Guse showing the way the spacers were made. I have to say my guess wasn't far adrift from the correct part so they'll be made tomorrow. Thanks everyone.
Well got there eventually Rob, so that's a result. There may be a bike at Jampot with the bits fitted you can measure.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Pictures submitted, already made them Rob. Got some other areas I need to look at and I know there will be some 65 models at the Jampot so I'll have my phone camera ready.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

ajscomboman wrote:Pictures submitted, already made them Rob. Got some other areas I need to look at and I know there will be some 65 models at the Jampot so I'll have my phone camera ready.
Would be better to have the photos posted here for all to see? As you have so much help. ;)
Roy