1961 G12 csr saddle

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Goss

1961 G12 csr saddle

Post by Goss »

Can some tell me if the back bracket on the saddle bolts to the rear mudguard please

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
LynP

Re: 1961 G12 csr saddle

Post by LynP »

Hi, the CS seat I bought from Leighton's has two captive nuts that can move slightly and the bolts go through the mudguard (the nuts on the Leighton's seat are quarter UNF) I would check the spares list for the original bolts and washers. Hope this helps, I am sure someone with an original seat will be able to say if a bracket was fitted by the factory. Hope this helps, LynP
Goss

Post by Goss »

Yes mine is the same also from Leighton yes that does help me thanks
I think that I will put a strengthener piece under the mudguard just to give it that extra strength

LynP

Post by LynP »

I'm glad to have been of help. I think as you say it would be a good idea to use some strengthening under the mudguard especially if you are using alloy guards, mine are stainless but I was thinking doing the same and probably will next time I remove the seat. I find it a bit fiddly getting the bolts through the mudguard and into the nuts under the seat as I made the holes in the guard a good fit for the bolts, some sort of metal strip would allow those holes to be a bit bigger and give a bit of wiggle room when putting the bolts in. Lyn.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Goss wrote:Yes mine is the same also from Leighton yes that does help me thanks
I think that I will put a strengthener piece under the mudguard just to give it that extra strength

On the original guards there was riveted thin steel plates under every fixing point.
Goss

Post by Goss »

I got a pattern stainless mudguard so I will put a strengthener in
to be on the safe side