Help needed.

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Monsieur Franck

Help needed.

Post by Monsieur Franck »

Good evening. Help needed.
I'm Franck, working on a friend's newly bought AJS 16ms.
The bike is leaking from behind the chaincase so got a look down there and the oil pipe which is supposed to be behind the bearing on the cranckcase is missing. Oil is getting out of it.
I can't find the ref of the part in my spares list for the bike and I don't see where the oil pipe goes.

Thanks to let me know, if you know.

King regards to all.

Franck.
Duncan

Re: Help needed.

Post by Duncan »

Hi Franck

If you look in your parst boos at the crankcase drawing you should see parts 000835 & 000836 this is the body of the crankcase breather and the breather flap valve , the pipe that comes out of it is standard BSP thread and tapered seat like a petrol line. It vents just behind the chaincase about level with the frame, some people point it at the final drive chain.
Mick D

Re: Help needed.

Post by Mick D »

Hi

The pipe part number is 000755 and it is illustrated on the page with the petrol and oil tanks, seat, pipes etc.

Here's mine during restoration, (it's pointing up for convenience - in use it points down):
CC Breather.png
Ignore the yellow arrow, it points to the breather in response to a previous post.

Regards Mick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.