File Upload Issue

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Mick D

File Upload Issue

Post by Mick D »

Hi

I'm getting the 'uploaded file is empty' message which usually indicates the server needs attention but I notice others are uploading images :?

My images are not over the site size limit and I've tried logging out and back in to no avail.

Is anyone else having this problem or are there any suggestions as to how I resolve it?

Happy to wait patiently if the server needs work just confused as others are posting images?

Regards Mick
Ozmadman

Re: File Upload Issue

Post by Ozmadman »

I tried posting a word.doc which wouldn't work so converted it to PDF and that didn't work either, got the same message as you
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Eamonn will come along when time allows to free up more space. There's nothing wrong with your files.
I notice the waste of web space Topic that helped to give you both problems using the forum, has now been locked.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Thanks for the confirmation guys - still confused as to how some are posting images though :?
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Mick D wrote:Thanks for the confirmation guys - still confused as to how some are posting images though :?
When this occurs I post my images using a photo host, e.g. Tinypic or Photobucket.

'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Ozmadman

Post by Ozmadman »

still getting issues, anyone else?
Paul
1960 Model 8
1974 Yamaha RD250B US Model 6 speed
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

As Eamonn is in New York, you'll all just have to wait till he returns before it's sorted.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Years ago on another motor cycle group forum I used to get an alert e-mail informing me when space was getting near the max limit. I had to log on and delete attachments / pictures I thought had served their purpose, to free up space. Then our space allowance went up. Its now been several years since I last needed to free up space. Occasional I check how much free space we have, always found plenty vacant space remaining. That e group keeps on topic. Any attachment is always on topic and motor cycle related. Never any Face book type attachments like a mug of tea or Burger. If I did see one such posting, which I never have, I would have gone in and promptly deleted the attachment and topic. If our club forum was used in the same way as the motor cycle forum I refer to is, it would cause far less work for moderators. It would also be less costly. We do now need to upgrade the club web site at considerable cost. Hopefully many will agree it better to archive more useful motor cycle related information, than rubbish.