Adrian Reed

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
DaveyT

Adrian Reed

Post by DaveyT »

IMG_4127.jpg
I recently bought a Matchless G3L that was sold at the Bonhams auction at Stafford last October. I understand that the bike was part of a 40 bike collection owned by a restorer and engineer called Adrian Reed. He sadly died a few years ago and I believe his widow sold his bikes at the auction. I am interested to find out more about Adrian and his love of old bikes plus anything I can about the G3L I have bought. I would be very grateful for any information members who knew Adrian could give. Above is a pic of the bike.

Many thanks for your help.
Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spookefoote1956

Re: Adrian Reed

Post by spookefoote1956 »

"On 13 and 14 October, Bonhams will hold a marathon Autumn Stafford Sale comprised of an astonishing 477 lots, with 281 motorcycles and 196 lots of spares and memorabilia. This year's sale boasts five important single-owner collections, incredibly rare project machines and impressive sports racers.

Single Owner Collections

The Adrian Reed Collection includes more than 40 pioneer and vintage machines, some of which are the finest unrestored examples extant.

The Willowbrook Collection comprises more than 80 motorcycles, ranging from vintage machines up to iconic Grand Prix replicas. The vast majority of the collection is to be offered without reserve.

The Mark Wilsmore of Ace Café Collection is as Rock n' Roll as the legendary café. It includes BSA Goldies, a Dunstall Commando and a high octane Flat Tracker.

Basil Keys was known as the Peter Pan of Motorcycling, riding well in to his nineties. The sale will offer the second part of his impressive collection of mechanical masterpieces.

An Bavarian single-owner collection will also be offered, comprising 25 important machines including the world's longest wheelbase of any production motorcycle, the 1937 Böhmerland 603cc Langtouren.

Star Lots

Bonhams is renowned for offering the most important motorcycles on the market, and this sale is no different.

The 1925 Brough Superior 981cc SS100 Sand Racer Project is one of only 12 surviving examples of the original SS100, the most desirable of Vintage-era motorcycles. It was purchased new for £22 10s in 1951, and has been in single family ownership for more than 65 years.

The1972 MV Agusta 750S is one of only 402 made. It has been in present ownership for nearly 30 years and underwent a full engine rebuild 3,000km ago.

The sale will also include possibly the most important piece of motorcycle memorabilia in existence, the hipflask presented to Rem Fowler following his success at the 1907 inaugural Isle of Man TT race – a true piece of TT history.

James Stensel, Head of Collectors' Motorcycles UK, commented: ‘At Bonhams we continually strive to curate the most exciting collectors' motorcycle auctions, and this year's Autumn Stafford Sale is no different. Collectors and enthusiasts from every corner of the globe continue to choose the international platform known simply as ‘Stafford' to sell their prized machines. Whether searching for your first ride or an unrestored Vintage machine, a sporting AJS Big Port or a heavyweight Munch Mammoth, Stafford is the place for likeminded enthusiasts to come together and celebrate all things motorcycling."

Google has plenty of info.
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
DaveyT

Re: Adrian Reed

Post by DaveyT »

Thanks. I have the auction info and a few more bits from Google but I suppose I'm hoping to hear from anyone who knew him or of him personally. His bikes looked amazing so obviously a talented chap!