Tech info

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
NORMAN NIPPY

Tech info

Post by NORMAN NIPPY »

The last time I was a member came up on the tech site that you must be a member to view. After a rejoin its still the same, I have sent two e mails about this
still no reply on the tech issue
Rob Harknett

Re: Tech info

Post by Rob Harknett »

I assume you sent the e mails to webmaster@jampot.com Like all committee members our webmaster has to fit in club work when time allows. He may have taken action, but not added to his workload by also making a reply. Have you tried logging in recently? Perhaps if there is a particular Tech topic you need info about. If so you can always ask here on the forum. I am sure some one will give you the info you require.
ChrisTheChippy

Post by ChrisTheChippy »

Hi just be patient . I have found that Eamonn will make every effort to help . He gives his time for nothing as do all other club administrators .
Merry Christmas
Regards Chris
GOLDSTAR

Post by GOLDSTAR »

of interest, perhaps only to me, do you have a Norman Nippy, Norman Nippy? kind regards
LynP

Post by LynP »

Of interest to me to, my brother has one which is in regular use and he thinks its great fun.
NORMAN NIPPY

Post by NORMAN NIPPY »

Thanks for your answers, first I had a 1958 mark 2 Nippy thats why it is my name. I have a 1960 G9 also a 1937 AJS 250, it was the 250 I was looking for
info, the charging system is low and just gives a charge. As it is a day use only bike, do I keep the battery topped up by charger and forget about low charge

Thanks
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

NORMAN NIPPY wrote:Thanks for your answers, first I had a 1958 mark 2 Nippy thats why it is my name. I have a 1960 G9 also a 1937 AJS 250, it was the 250 I was looking for
info, the charging system is low and just gives a charge. As it is a day use only bike, do I keep the battery topped up by charger and forget about low charge

Thanks
I run a G3LCS on total loss, I have LED's for everything and a 12v 7amp battery. It'll run the lights all day long without issues. When I get home I just plug it into the Accumate and that's it. If you have a small charge changing to LED's may well be enough as I doubt you'll draw more than 1.5amps total!
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

What year is the AJS? Does it have a 3 brush dynamo? Which would mean you have a 4 position switch, off, C, ( charge ) Hi and low. Perhaps you know. you can move the 3rd brush in the dynamo to regulate the charge. You need to turn the switch to C when running the bike to charge the battery. If you set the brush at a high charge, this is not advised, as you could cook the battery. You could however set the brush to a higher charge rate, bearing this in mind. Just do not have the switch at charged for too long, unless using lights. You would not need to set the charge rate too high if you used LED bulbs as Rob suggested. Just have it set enough to keep the battery topped up.
You will find info of the 3 brush dynamo here. It will mention problems and danger when adjusting the charge rate I have omitted.
http://archives.jampot.dk/technical/Ele ... ynamos.pdf
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

NORMAN NIPPY wrote:...still no reply on the tech issue
Hello Arthur, I sent you a reply on the 11th December at 20:28 advising you that you need to be logged into the Jampot.com website in order to see the technical articles. You haven't logged in since the 10th December and hence you won't be able to see the technical articles.

Please try logging into Jampot.com with the password that was sent to you in the morning of the 11th December and if you get any problems send me another email and I can then take the necessary steps.

If you cannot find the emails sent to you, check the various folders in your Gmail account to make sure they're not hidden away.
Corners like a Lego man
NORMAN NIPPY

Post by NORMAN NIPPY »

Thanks for all your answers its a AJS 22/37 250, dont have the bike yet, its on Andy Tiernans site, the G9 is too heavy for me and being a VMCC member
I hope to take part on there runs with the lighter bike?