Stator repair

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
mikeydpippin

Stator repair

Post by mikeydpippin »

F2D3276D-2933-49ED-82EC-AE839853F806.jpeg

Anyone know where and if this stator can be repaired?
Looks as though someone has already tried.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
Mick D

Re: Stator repair

Post by Mick D »

Hi

Looks very repairable to me - I'd start by checking continuity and earth leakage to isolate any faults and take things from there.

Regards Mick
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

Yep. Basically, unsolder the connections for each coil, check each coil for resistance & insulation to earth. Re-solder & re-insulate the connections and job's a good 'un.
Here's my (Wipac) stator pre & post-repair:
IMG_2695.jpg
IMG_2699.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1989 Moto Morini Dart 350
1993 Ducati 750SS
mikeydpippin

Post by mikeydpippin »

Appreciate your help,
I have bench tested the stator and between the leads I have the following resistance check.

A. And B 1.4 Ohms
A. And C 2.2. Ohms
B And A 1.2.
B. And C 1.3
C and A 1.3
C and 2.1
Also earth each cable to the stator body and had a reading of one with no noise which suggests windings are not earthing so ok
Is that good and is it simply soldering any 2 winding wires to each one of the cables, if so I will need to extend 2 windings.
Will need to get wire and cable sheath
Thanks again.
Mike
clanger9

Post by clanger9 »

You have to wire up the coils exactly right. AMC stators are usually wired as two phase. Someone with a Lucas stator to hand should be able to tell you exactly how it's wired.

For insulation, either use the fibreglass stuff or silicone rubber. PVC is no good (on account of the oil & high temperature).
For re-wrapping the coils, this stuff is brilliant: https://www.lemark.co.uk/misc/kraken-se ... /#tab-id-3
1989 Moto Morini Dart 350
1993 Ducati 750SS