Wheel Rim Sizes

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Andy51

Wheel Rim Sizes

Post by Andy51 »

Hi All, I am a bit confused on wheel rim sizes - WM vs 1.85 in, etc. I need a new rim for a 'special' front wheel for my G80 (BSA 8 in single sided brake on special axle for hopefully improved front brake). I plan to stick to standard tyre sizes, ie 19 x 3.25 front, 19 x 3.5 rear. What rim sizes do I need - the parts list gives rim 19 x 2 1/2 front, 19 x 3 rear - widths presumably across outside. CWC list WM1 (19 X 1.6); WM2 (19 X 1.85) - widths inside well. What rims do I need and how are they described?
Last edited by Andy51 on Sun May 20, 2018 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Harknett

Re: Wheel Rim Sizes

Post by Rob Harknett »

https://www.devonrimcompany.com/classic ... -bikes/bsa
Just click on the hub to discover all parts to build the wheel.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

Devon Rim Company's rim profile page does not work for me but this one does:

https://burtonbikebits.net/wheel-rims/

DRC are not the cheapest for wheels but in my experience their product and service are excellent.

Regards Mick
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Tried the Devon rim co. link, works OK for me and takes you to the BSA section, so just need to click on the BSA hub to be used, to discover the info required. Once you have the info you can buy from who ever you wish. Not sure if Burton bikes will have the info for the hub you want info for.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi Rob

I thought the OP was seeking advice as to how 'WM' references relate to dimensions - that's the part of the DRC site that doesn't work for me:
Rim Profiles.png
Regards Mick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Hi Mick, There must be other sites that will give the info. Not sure if they give hub types for all makes. Devon rim Co. does do this, So you can see which rim, most use WM2, 19" bike manual will state, e.g. 19 x 3.25 tyre front. Spokes to suit come as a kit. ( No sizes stated )