Centre Stand Fitting Problem.

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
douglas1

Centre Stand Fitting Problem.

Post by douglas1 »

Help required please?

I am trying to fit a centre stand to a 56 AJS 16 MS. Its never had one in my 10 year ownership.
I've removed the bolt but the stand is too wide to go into the space allowed by the bottom frame rails.
The stand is from the owners spare parts scheme so I assume the stand dimensions are OK.
Could I be missing some spacers from the bottom rail fixings that would allow the clearance?

Any advice welcome
Many thanks
Doug
Mick D

Re: Centre Stand Fitting Problem.

Post by Mick D »

Hi

Have you confirmed you have the correct parts assembled in the correct manner by reference to the parts and user manuals, (available in the archive)?

http://archives.jampot.dk/

Are you sure the engine and frame are both from the same year? - The club dating officer will be able to help if you can't confirm this.

Regards Mick
douglas1

Post by douglas1 »

Hi Thanks for coming back to me
Frame and engine match and are correct for '56 according to dating officer but maybe its been reassembled incorrectly at some point? I did look in the parts manual but there is no exploded diagram of that part of the frame
I will check out the archive
Ta
douglas1

Post by douglas1 »

Cannot see anything there......
If anyone has an exploded diagram of the bottom rails showing spacers, washers etc that may explain the discrepancy [or first hand knowledge] and could share it that would be great.
Otherwise I,ll just have to experiment!
Thanks
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Hi Doug

I would say the first step is to ensure that the footrest spacers are the correct length, these will set the distance between the frame rails.
1956 footrest spacers.PNG
Apologies I have to ask, when fitting the stand the wide head of the top hat spacers face the centre spacer, are yours this way round, or is it that the stand without any spacers will not fit?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.