clive

Re: bikes history

Post by clive »

clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Dating will tell you its early history. DVLA records , if they survive, may tell you who first owned it and so on. This will need it to still have its original reg. no.
GOLDSTAR

Post by GOLDSTAR »

you can download a form from the DVLA website, cannot recall the number but I'm sure someone on here will tell you, send it to 'em with £5 and they will send you what history they have, you will have to tell them what you want it for but I just put 'historic investigation', summat like that. kind regards
dunsweepin

Post by dunsweepin »

cheers for info folks,what i really need is the original colour as she s in boring silver at the moment.1966 g2 csr,i thought they all had paint and chrome on petrol tank.
D G SIMS
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Welcome to the Forums, David.
Ah, so it's the colours not the history you're after.
Ideally you need to get a Dating Certificate from the club in order to know when it left the factory as the '1966' model would have been made at any time between Sept 1st 1965 and Aug 31st 1966. Therefore it may have been a 1965 model stuck in a dealer's stock for many months and not registered til 1966.
There is much info if you browse around 'Promotional' in Christians Archive. Here is the main site:

http://archives.jampot.dk/

in it you will find various years of models. Here, just for example is the model range for 1966:

http://archives.jampot.dk/promotional/S ... ochure.pdf

Be aware that not all factory or dealer literature was totally accurate!

Here's a photo of a club member's (registered 1965) G2CSR found in the 'Photos' section (top right of this page):
65G2CSR (640x480).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

The 65 CSR Red bike pictured has a couple of very noticeable wrong parts. The silencer should be the long cigar shape type. Tank Red and Chrome. I have 1966 G2 CSR un touched from new. Also 1963 14 CSR that also has Chrome / Blue tank, same type as 66 CSR.
True some artwork may not be correct. Worst offenders are non AMC literature workshop manuals. Sales cats. do not only show pictures. They also give brief specifications.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Rob Harknett wrote:I have 1966 G2 CSR un touched from new.
Photo?
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
shifter

Post by shifter »

That's my daughter's old 1965 G2 csr in the above photograph that she has just sold
Last edited by shifter on Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
?
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

SPRIDDLER wrote:
Rob Harknett wrote:I have 1966 G2 CSR un touched from new.
Photo?
Neville, does that mean I have to go out in the wind & rain to take a picture? ( I must have some already but where? ) Well, here's a peep into the 6'x 8' lightweight shed. I had to move the lawn mower to get in the door. That's all I'm moving. In that small shed, There's 66 G2CSR 63 14CSR, 58 G2 and a 1920 Hayward 172cc OHV scooter ( only one know to exist according to the VMCC ) Also loads of junk, spares etc. My 66 G2 CSR is exactly like the one in the AMC sales cat. for which a link was given. You can also see beside the G2CSR an AJS 14CSR. So apart from badge difference, you can see both sides of the bike. All the artwork looks correct to me and matches with specifications given. You may notice my G2CSR has Ace bars on it. So has my AJS 14CSR. I put the Ace bars on the CSR's so I can get my head down. Otherwise, at top speed, the G force would blow me off the bike.
RESIZED SDC14860.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.