The AMC God giveth...

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
cbranni

Re: The AMC God giveth...

Post by cbranni »

Yes Malc the choke adjuster is close but it does fit.

Colin
only dead fish go with the flow
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

I elected to shorten the choke cable on my G3 to give me better clearance:
Carb Cable Adjusters.png
Regards Mick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MalcW

Post by MalcW »

Thanks Colin

There was a bit more space with the Concentric, so I was a bit concerned that it's so tight with the correct carb. I guess it's a bit more spacious with the shorter barrelled 500s and 600s.

Cheers,

Malcolm
dodger

Post by dodger »

I think you will find that 650 twins do not have cable adjusters in the carb top, they have top hat ferrules in the carb top and mid cable adjusters,.
MalcW

Post by MalcW »

Hi Dodger.

Aha, that would make an enormous difference. Do you know if these ferrules and mid-point adjustable cable are available via the club scheme?

Malc
dodger

Post by dodger »

Carb top hat2.jpg
Carb top hat.jpg
The top hat ferules are supplied with the carb/cable, you have to specify at point of purchase though if you bought the carb from Burlen fuel systems they should know what to supply. The difference is the carb top has no threads just a plain holes where the top hat ferrule fits. you can easily modify a threaded carb top with a suitable sized drill. I suspect Surrey Motorcycles or Burlen Fuel systems would be able to supply the ferrules. I get all my cables from JJ Cables (Google them) as I can never understand the clubs part number system.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MalcW

Post by MalcW »

Hi

I've now got a couple of cables on the way from the club spares. I wasn't sure about the numbers either, so I phoned them. The chap I spoke to was most helpful.

For reference, the numbers I was given were: Choke, T800A, Throttle, T563A.

Malc
dodger

Post by dodger »

See what I mean reference the clubs part numbers for cables, why they can't use the part numbers in the spare part books like everything else they sell is beyond me.
Jefftaff

Post by Jefftaff »

Easiest and cheapest way to bring 60 year old wheels back to life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

dodger wrote:See what I mean reference the clubs part numbers for cables, why they can't use the part numbers in the spare part books like everything else they sell is beyond me.
They do use numbers as in the parts books, if you look. T800 air/choke cable click on "view" you will then see no less than eight parts numbers cable T800 is used for. ( note T800A has a midway adjuster, you may still have to use the carb top adjuster to hold the ferrule, but this could be screwed in to nil adjustment. Looks like Malc got cables with A suffix = with midway adjuster )
Ashampoo_Snap_2018.02.20_21h03m08s_001_.png
Ashampoo_Snap_2018.02.20_21h03m22s_002_.png