What is this mystery screw thread?

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
leswaller

Re: What is this mystery screw thread?

Post by leswaller »

The picture of the valve adaptor is for pumping up footballs in the days when they had an net bladder
Les
Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of the wise
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

leswaller wrote:The picture of the valve adaptor is for pumping up footballs in the days when they had an net bladder
I guess you refer to way back Les, to when the bladder had a tube/neck like a balloon. For those bladders I recall having a brass fitting that screwed into a bike pump. The end had a knob that fitted quite tightly in the bladder neck. Used to have to bend the neck over and tie it. That fitting with the spout will screw on to an inner tube valve, not on a pump. It also has to screw up tight or air will escape. I am sure that fitting will screw on the bottle of my airbrush the tube push on the other end.
Group Leader

Post by Group Leader »

Well, it's no longer a mystery and I've confirmed that it is an M9 x1.25.

It just so happens that the old Citreon 2CV used such fittings on their brake pipes and it just so happens that possibly the leading "Old 2CV Bits" supplier in the UK resides in the local town and, most importantly, they were open this morning :)

Happy days and Merry Christmas!

Alan
Compressor.JPG
AjXmas.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1953 AJS 16MS, 1939 BSA 250 and a 1/3 scale Sopwith Triplane but that's another story ..... :lol: