exhaust system

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
matchbart

exhaust system

Post by matchbart »

Any suggestions as to where to source a complete exhaust system for a 1954 g3ls ? i have looked at club spares but can`t seem to find it listed, ta
dave16mct

Re: exhaust system

Post by dave16mct »

Armours or Feked.com . Both are good. Service from feked is excellent, Armours stuff is good but the service (if there's a problem) can be a bit 'take it or leave it'. However, I've just had a stainless siamese system from Armours and it fitted perfectly. If you have a problem with an item from Armours they always say they've never had any problems with it. If you have a problem with anything from Feked they'll sort it quickly.
Just my observations, others may have different experiences with suppliers.

Dave
matchbart

Post by matchbart »

That seemed to be the impression i got of both suppliers you mention after reading various posts, thanks,
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

My Armours system for a 61 G3 was spot on - very happy

Regards Mick
pkr87

Post by pkr87 »

I bought an exhaust from Armours for my 16 MC and when I rang them to say that it did not fit I was told that obviously I did not know how to fit it properly( after 50 years in the motor trade I am getting the hang of it a bit) I was so disgusted that I just threw the expensive pipework under the bench and eventually sold it, for pennies, at an autojumble. Although I must say that another one of their exhausts fitted well, on another bike, and is still very shiny. Paul
alanengineer

Post by alanengineer »

Phone the two suppliers mentioned and see who has a system in stock or who promises to have it in stock in the shortest time.
leswaller

Post by leswaller »

pkr87 wrote:I bought an exhaust from Armours for my 16 MC and when I rang them to say that it did not fit I was told that obviously I did not know how to fit it properly( after 50 years in the motor trade I am getting the hang of it a bit) I was so disgusted that I just threw the expensive pipework under the bench and eventually sold it, for pennies, at an autojumble. Although I must say that another one of their exhausts fitted well, on another bike, and is still very shiny. Paul
I had a similar problem with Armours a few years ago, not only was mine the wrong shaped bend, but it was also the wrong size pipe (not an AJS machine). When I queried the pipe size I got the standard "they're all like that sir, you have to swage it out to fit" Sent it back for a refund (less mine and their postage of course!!). Have never darkened their doorstep since, always use Feked now and have never had a problem
Les
Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of the wise