CHANGE OF CARB

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Trevor68

CHANGE OF CARB

Post by Trevor68 »

HELLO FOLKS,CAN ANYONE ADVISE AS TO WHAT CARB I NEED FOR MY 1953 MATCHLESS G80S?,I CURRENTLY HAVE A SIDE FLOAT ONE WHICH I NEED TO REPLACE AS IT IS CREAM CRACKERED SO WOULD LIKE TO PUT ON MAYBE A MONOBLOC,ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE.
REGARDS TREVORIOUS
dave16mct

Re: CHANGE OF CARB

Post by dave16mct »

i'd go for the first year of the monobloc, 1955. Look in the Data in the manual for the carb and settings here:
http://archives.jampot.dk/book/Owners_m ... ingles.pdf
Where in Lancs are you?
PS, Don't SHOUT!! Lower case is much nicer!

Dave
Trevor68

Post by Trevor68 »

dave16mct wrote:i'd go for the first year of the monobloc, 1955. Look in the Data in the manual for the carb and settings here:
http://archives.jampot.dk/book/Owners_m ... ingles.pdf
Where in Lancs are you?
PS, Don't SHOUT!! Lower case is much nicer!

Dave
sorry for shouting dave :oops: and thanks for the link,most helpful.....lancaster
Trefor

Post by Trefor »

I used the 1955 specs monobloc on my 1952 G80S. Ordered one brand new from Amal and bolted it on, worked a perfectly.
leswaller

Post by leswaller »

Trefor wrote:I used the 1955 specs monobloc on my 1952 G80S. Ordered one brand new from Amal and bolted it on, worked a perfectly.
I think Amal are still out of stock (like club spares) but Surrey Cycles have them in stock, albeit at a slightly more expensive price. Regretfully it is a seller's market at the moment
Les
Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of the wise
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

Hi Trevor,
sorry I've just realised who you are (when you said Lancaster). By the way I looked but I haven't got an end casting for your N1 mag. The only one I have is broken in two.
Dave.
StephenG80

Post by StephenG80 »

I recently fitted a brand new mono block Amal (as per '55 spec for G80S) from club spares to my '54 G80S and I think that would also suit your '53 model. I have been fiddling with the needle height and pilot quite a lot and settled on highest position for the needle and about 1'5 turns out on the pilot. Runs very very well now and tick over to die for. :beer:
Trevor68

Post by Trevor68 »

[quote="dave16mct"]Hi Trevor,
sorry I've just realised who you are (when you said Lancaster). By the way I looked but I haven't got an end casting for your N1 mag. The only one I have is broken in two.
Dave.[/quoThanks for your efforts Dave,hope to get one local soon.CHEERS.
Trevor68

Post by Trevor68 »

Thanks everyone for your replys,going for a new monobloc one (55),
Trevor68

Post by Trevor68 »

dave16mct wrote:Hi Trevor,
Dave.
Cheers Dave,thanks for trying anyhow,i have recently purchased a full mag on ebay.
Best regards
Trevor