fitting a fairing

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Rob Harknett

Re: fitting a fairing

Post by Rob Harknett »

John has added more finer details of fittings, which I never mentioned, 100% correct. He mentions rubber washers. Just to clarify these washers. The rubber washers are fitted behind metal washers front & back. So rubber touches the screen and fibre glass at the rear. Helps stop a little vibration. When fitting the screen blade, start at the middle. You may find the screen a little larger rad. that the fairing. So work from the middle outwards on both sides. So the screen more easily tightens up an equal gap tight both sides. There is also a rubber strip about an inch wide, between the screen and fairing. So all surfaces of the screen , fairing and metal washers, have rubber between then. Expect to hear more engine noise & drumming from the petrol tank. Which is less with a full tank of petrol. The old inner tube will make all the rubber bits. Used punch pliers to make clear holes in the rubber. Also put rubber washers under those penny washers, both sides of the fairing.
mick h

Post by mick h »

one has gone on ebay this morning, Thursday, at 11.38am , removed from an ajs , listed under matchless spares, good luck mick.
mshaw

Post by mshaw »

Hi as you can see by the lack of reply that i am not good with computers so please bear with me I wont to thank every one that replied to my add regarding fairing fitting thanks again

Regards Mike