Please can I borrow?

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
GOLDSTAR

Re: Please can I borrow?

Post by GOLDSTAR »

I'm with you on your sentiment John, however I have just out of interest googled quite a few suppliers of helicoil and similar replacement thread manufacturers, it seems to me there are quite a few reasonably cheap ones but none in the Bsc capacity which 26 TPI is I'm sure, it may be possible, if you can live with it, to take it to another thread [even metric] which would be very close, again I will have a chat with my mad professor chum, who seems to know everything[,I hate him!!!]see if he has any suggestions, I will see him Wednesday at the funeral of our Velo clubs chairman, Dave Fox, wife. A very sad day indeed.
kind regards
JohnHewes

Post by JohnHewes »

Thanks again.
I could tap in out to a bigger size, that would not be a problem, and I could turn up a bolt to suit in a piece of tough steel which I have, old hydraulic cylinder push rods, but I have the correct pivot pin in stainless and wanted to use that.
Cheers, John
kernow kid

Post by kernow kid »

Hi John,
Tracy Tools in Devon have a very wide selection of taps and dies and have long been around the classic bike scene. Their website is comprehensive and I've always had excellent service from them.
Regards kk
Top tip - if it needs more than 2 bolts to hold it on, its probably important...
GOLDSTAR

Post by GOLDSTAR »

Hi John, spoke with my chum reckons m10 would be the closest still a differnt thread but what the heck, I think I would go for your idea of turning up another bolt and a close but differing thread, loads of 'gas cock' grease over it who will know? I will probably tell the VELO president Ivan Rhodes though! :rofl: kind regards
JohnHewes

Post by JohnHewes »

Thanks for your help Goldie.
John