Inheritance

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
DM2

Re: Inheritance

Post by DM2 »

The official online DVLA vehicle check is not completely accurate, so don't take it's result as gospel.

It can come back as record not found when the number is valid at DVLA, so it is worth contacting DVLA to double check.

I have done this last year and was told by the helpfull man at DVLA that the system is not 100% accurate with it's search results.
Mushman71

Post by Mushman71 »

Janet wrote:Welcome to the club.
Mushman71 wrote: I don't think there is a great rush to sort it at the moment as I'll be waiting until the garage has been cleared a bit and it gets warmer before I get started on it.
Are you new to this old bike lark? The usual thing is to keep going out to inspect the bike, and to poke about with things. The frequency of visits increases as the compulsion builds up until you cannot fight against the urge to just have a little tinker for a few minutes. In no time at all, clearing the garage is forgotten and the work commences in earnest until friends and relatives start asking "Whatever happened to......................?" Then you know you're hooked. :lol:
I am new to the 'old bike lark', ideally I would of done this 12/18 months ago, but my mum wouldn't let me touch it while my dad was alive as it sort of symbolised the end for her.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

DM2 wrote:The official online DVLA vehicle check is not completely accurate, so don't take it's result as gospel.

It can come back as record not found when the number is valid at DVLA, so it is worth contacting DVLA to double check.

I have done this last year and was told by the helpfull man at DVLA that the system is not 100% accurate with it's search results.
That is a good point. Everything had to be entered into the computer system, during which errors could have been made.
Harry44

Post by Harry44 »

DM2 wrote:The official online DVLA vehicle check is not completely accurate, so don't take it's result as gospel.

Yup when I bought the 18S it showed on their system as not taxed. So I taxed it. Now its shown as not found.
si is does non opportunus vos postulo a maior pango
clive

Post by clive »

One of my bikes does not show up on the search because the make has been entered as Matchless G3L. Does not take much to throw the system out.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Mushman71

Post by Mushman71 »

I am a sad excuse for a human being :oops:

Have still not got round to sorting paper work :oops:

Although on the plus side I have exposed it to sunlight for the first time in somewhere between 7 and 12 years!!!

Engine free, spark at plug, petrol down plug hole, plug in and it fired.... not run yet.

oil in tank and kicked over until the oil retuns :D

very happy and will be cleaning the carb and hopefully 'de-rusting' the petrol tank before another assult at the weekend.
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Well done, the old bikes to tend to spark and start to let you know they ain't dead yet.
Mushman71

Post by Mushman71 »

Rob Harknett wrote:Well done, the old bikes to tend to spark and start to let you know they ain't dead yet.
It was a weak spark but I scribbled a soft pencil on it and it coughed :D

It has a Champion N5 in it (and have a new NGK B6ES at the ready), will that suffice or should I be searching for A different plug or equivilent?