centre stand

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
ajscomboman

Re: centre stand

Post by ajscomboman »

Duncan wrote:
SPRIDDLER wrote:A complete Swift Easy Lift stand is available from club spares...
Different stands Neville, I am worried that we haven't heard from Rob S yet, is he okay?

On the original stands a small amount of weld on the "hammer head" at the top of the stand will make up for wear,
Fear not Duncan I'm alive and kicking. Just waiting for another batch to come in. Got a few left (8 I think off the top off my head) and have standing orders for tall CS ones already.
clive

Post by clive »

SPRIDDLER wrote:I fitted a tang to my side stand made from a long bolt and a nut each side of the plate, cut off the bolt head then took it to a pal for a spot of weld.
Prop stand 2016-04-20 002 (480x360).jpg
A complete Swift Easy Lift stand is available from club spares...

http://www.amoc-parts.com/store/comersu ... duct=23059
Swift Easy Lift.JPG
At the risk of telling myself off........

The illustrated stand on sale from club spares does not look to be the easy lift model. Perhaps Rob could clarify if the club spares are now selling his stands? My understanding is that Mr Swift is selling these direct to members. If you are interested John, they are not standard but make life an awful lot easier both putting the bike on the stand and getting it off again. Fitting any centre stand can be a hassle and Mr Swift's stands are no different on this score. Mr Swift advertises at the back of the Jampot magazine in the Services and Trade section.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Rosy

Post by Rosy »

I've just fitted a Mr swift easy on stand, I was a bit sceptical knowing how difficult my G9 was to get on the stand, with the cut off tang trying to pierce a hole through my shoe. I did it with the bike leaning on the side stand which wasn't to difficult, trying the stand for the first time I was amazed it just seem to float up and back, such joy.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Duncan wrote:
SPRIDDLER wrote:A complete Swift Easy Lift stand is available from club spares...
Different stands Neville, I am worried that we haven't heard from Rob S yet, is he okay?
Well, blow me down! You're quite right.
The photo in my post was a Swift EasyLift but the link I gave to club spares wasn't.
I should've looked more closely at the spares illustration but at 75 time's getting short for careful photo scrutiny. :cry:
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Depends what's in the photo, Sprid......................................

Johnny B
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

It's too many French granny friends that's probably affected your eyes Neville.🤣🤓🤣
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

56G80S wrote:Depends what's in the photo, Sprid......................................

Johnny B
Not every day........png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
g5wqian

Post by g5wqian »

all i do on my mod30 twin is to stand to the side of the bike ,put my left hand under the front side of the seat to grip it and the right hand [over the handle] on the rear handle , then put the centre stand to the ground and hold my foot against it , then bend knees a bit and lean towards the rear of bike at same time as pulling on the seat and handle , with a coordinated pull and push of my foot against the stand and it goes onto the stand quite easily .

what you do when you go to pull it on the stand is to is to pull up, over and back .

have you seen steam train wheels and connecting rods turn , well thats how you will be doing it but going up, over and backwards ..
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

g5wqian wrote:all i do on my mod30 twin is to stand to the side of the bike ,put my left hand under the front side of the seat to grip it and the right hand [over the handle] on the rear handle , then put the centre stand to the ground and hold my foot against it , then bend knees a bit and lean towards the rear of bike at same time as pulling on the seat and handle , with a coordinated pull and push of my foot against the stand and it goes onto the stand quite easily .

what you do when you go to pull it on the stand is to is to pull up, over and back .

have you seen steam train wheels and connecting rods turn , well thats how you will be doing it but going up, over and backwards ..
Bend, lean, pull! None of that is required with the new stand. Another 2 sold today. :beer: :beer:
onlyjohn

Post by onlyjohn »

Thank you all for the all the very useful advice. My sidestand was at too shallow an angle so I welded 5mm to the base of it to straighten it up when operating and fixed a tang to it to make it accessible while seated. I also fixed a 'lever arm' to the centre stand and braced it well, I also put a blob of weld on each of the 'hammer heads' to prevent it from going too far over centre, which it was doing.