Remembrance Sunday Run

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
bjork

Remembrance Sunday Run

Post by bjork »

For anyone who can make it,the East Mids section, are holding a short run this sunday 09/11/03.Start at Bardon Island,meet in the pub carpark,0945hrs for a 1000hrs start.(pub called Charnwood Arms,also carpark for Stardust club)we take a pleasant run through local lanes,stopping to observe the 2 minute silence at 1100hrs.Then on to a pub that opens 1200hrs.If you want to come along,the start point is approx 1.5mls along the A511, north of junction22 of the M1 in the direction of Coalville.Leics.Hope to see a few of you there!

Using yesterdays technology to create tomorrows problems today
silverarrow

Remembrance Sunday Run

Post by silverarrow »

Steve,

hope to be there.

BTW i told several VMCC members who were against holding any runs or events on Armistice Sunday about the E.mids run that is held in due reverance and when i last went with you we observed 2 mins silence at a village war memorial where we were the sole persons attending and therefore representing those named on that memorial.

Les Smith (silverarrow397)
Keep smiling
bjork

Remembrance Sunday Run

Post by bjork »

Hi Les, hope you make it Sunday. I understand that some people think a run on remembrance day is not the right thing to do,and I respect that of course. My own view is as you pointed out, at many of the small village memorials,no-one else makes the effort so we are at the very least doing our bit for those listed on them. I'm not a religious type and even though I am ex-services, I'm not one for banging military drums either. I do think though that even though we never knew those named on memorials, just reading their name means that they and thier sacrifice are not forgotten. Oh dear sounds like a politicians speech! and it was them wot started 'em all! I'd better get a drink in,any one else while I'm there?[:o)]

silverarrow

Remembrance Sunday Run

Post by silverarrow »

Mine's two harfs a bitter in one glass please.

Les Smith (silverarrow397)
Keep smiling
lawrence

Remembrance Sunday Run

Post by lawrence »

Pint a bitter shandy please, not too much beer as I have to ride home

Lawrence[;)]
silverarrow

Remembrance Sunday Run

Post by silverarrow »

Thanks Steve, a very pleasant and respectful run. Sorry I was other than AMC mounted but i did have a letter from my mum explaining! [8D]

Les Smith (silverarrow397) [:o)]
Keep smiling
bjork

Remembrance Sunday Run

Post by bjork »

Hi Les,glad you enjoyed the run, and you got the aplogy in just in time, I was just sending a letter of complaint to the Jampot about about this very subject! Of course I don't mind the bike you came on,thinking back though, I'm surprised no-one asked if you were representing the 'other side'.Tried inserting a smiley thing here but couldn't make it work. I was only joking! honestly! Es war nur ein witz! ernst! Did you like the 'road closed' that was especially left open for us? Question among those smiley symbols could there not be a one a bit like a propeller in white and blue? then we could use it to tell people which club runs are accepting riders on bikes from over the Rhine?[:D]Ooh worked that time!

silverarrow

Remembrance Sunday Run

Post by silverarrow »

That smiley looked more Japanese to me?

At least i had the courtesy to stay at the back[8)]

Les Smith (silverarrow397) [:o]
Keep smiling