I don't...

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
alpraphoto

I don't...

Post by alpraphoto »

I just got my jampot mag, over here in dubai, and I see that naughty Chris Read has got me married off to my girlfriend. Sadly, I did pop the question last year, but she obviously thinks I'm not as reliable as my ajay, 'cause she turned me down [:(] Maybe that's why I'm having a mid-life motorcycling crisis?
Sorry that my article had to get cut down; the original draft included lots of good anecdotes about all the forum advice I received. If, for instance, I'd listened to Janet and fixed my spare cables in position, I would have discovered in advance that they didn't fit, rather than on french roadsides. And if I'd taken any notice of Alan I'd have fitted 500cc fly wheels, which would have allowed me to hold a glass of wine in the evenings without looking like a shaky alcoholic. And so on...
Hope you're all well
Richard
silverarrow

I don't...

Post by silverarrow »

Richard,

Good article anyway. Well done. ....and waht about the advice that you correctly ignored?

i do think that in a few months you could get published another article on " to heed or not to heed FORUM advice".

Les Smith (silverarrow397)
Keep smiling
Colin F

I don't...

Post by Colin F »

I found the article a "good read", and finally made sense of some of the posts on here!
Keep on "fettling" the bike, they do break down occasionally but most things can be fixed or bodged on the roadside.
lawrence

I don't...

Post by lawrence »

Thanks for an excellent read. I really enjoyed it. I joined the web site at the end of your preparations and so did not know the adventure you planned.

I would have suggested you were/are mad but good on you for completing a daunting trip. A long journey like that on an unfamiliar bike takes guts.

Congratulations!

Lawrence