Mending Fences?

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
silverarrow

Mending Fences?

Post by silverarrow »

Well Colin, V@18° is a nice combination of cylinders and my BM would not be as smooth without 2! I tried that!!

I will admit though after trying big twins of AJS, BSA, Norton, Triumph etc that my favourite 50's bike is a 500cc single AJS. The Triton I once had would come a close second (well perhaps first?)

Les Smith (silverarrow397)
Keep smiling
Biscuit
Deceased

Mending Fences?

Post by Biscuit »

quote:Originally posted by Janet Burgar

Well it just proves there's more to the N/S divide than language. I thought you were just joking, like I was. I didn't realise that you were sariously being insulting so hadn't understood that your attempt at peacemaking was also serious. I apologise.

In the parlance of todays youth, I can't get my head around this, can you expand on it?

silverarrow

Mending Fences?

Post by silverarrow »

sounds like a case of handbags at 50 paces to me

Keep smiling
Biscuit
Deceased

Mending Fences?

Post by Biscuit »

quote:Originally posted by Les Smith

sounds like a case of handbags at 50 paces to me

Hello sailor!

lawrence

Mending Fences?

Post by lawrence »

Now now, we've had quite enough knocking of chaps who are 'new men' and in touch with their feminine side. if Les likes handbags, that's alright with me. Where else do you keep your spare pairs of frilly knickers hidden?[:I]

Lawrence
John Collins.

Mending Fences?

Post by John Collins. »

I am a little concerned with this N/S divide thing, especially as I live in Leicester, does this make the Midlands a no-go area or no-mans land? Having been called a larger drinking Southern poofter in Liverpool whilst working in Vauxhall and a Northern git in Dagenham similarly occupied in Ford I must confess to confusion; though they do seem to earn more money down South but perhaps that just envy!!
[:)]

Colin F

Mending Fences?

Post by Colin F »

Ahhh you have actually hit on the true point of this! Where is the divide (except in our minds), I think if you check carefully anyone who is south of the Watford Gap is a Southerner ( all I need to do now is find out where the Watford Gap is!!!!)
John Collins.

Mending Fences?

Post by John Collins. »

In the case of the N/S divide being at Watford Gap does this then mean Home Rule for Crick? [:D]

silverarrow

Mending Fences?

Post by silverarrow »

Gosh, I have often riden through Crick (It's on my short cut to the A5) and I have never taken my passport or been asked to stop at any checkpoint.

Was Watford Gap services originall an armed services border camp, maybe even dating back to Roman times?

Keep smiling
John Collins.

Mending Fences?

Post by John Collins. »

Les, I can but bow to your knowlege of the topography as an Ancient Brit that seems to be extensive; I think my lot arrived with the Normans so must give way to you on this point.