Mending Fences?

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Biscuit
Deceased

Mending Fences?

Post by Biscuit »

As I may well meet Janet at the next Jampot, I shall have to start sucking up. I have run steam loco's at various places in Yorkshire, Leeds is one I can remember, and found the natives very friendly and helpful, unlike us insular Southerners. Mind you they were just as pleasant in Urmston and Leyland!.

silverarrow

Mending Fences?

Post by silverarrow »

Alan I mended my fence last week and brought the leylandeiiii hedge down to 7' x 3' wide so beat you to it.

Les Smith (silverarrow397)
Keep smiling
Colin F

Mending Fences?

Post by Colin F »

I don't know about friendly and helpful, I was sentanced to 12 weeks in Birkenshaw in the 70's, the only good thing about that I could sample old Theakstons in it's proper setting![xx(]
All I remember was it was COLD, cutting ice off the drill ground with jets at 7AM[:(]
Still I have enjoyed sever good rallies since then "op north" so can't be too bad![8D]
Janet

Mending Fences?

Post by Janet »

I think Alan's running scared.[:D]
Colin F

Mending Fences?

Post by Colin F »

I don't know about running... seemed more like a grovel to me!!
Janet

Mending Fences?

Post by Janet »

But it takes all the fun out of winding him up if he's not going to fight back.
Biscuit
Deceased

Mending Fences?

Post by Biscuit »

So the WWN spurns the hand of reconciliation, next time I unwrap the olive branch it will be to clobber her with!

Janet

Mending Fences?

Post by Janet »

Well it just proves there's more to the N/S divide than language. I thought you were just joking, like I was. I didn't realise that you were sariously being insulting so hadn't understood that your attempt at peacemaking was also serious. I apologise.
Colin F

Mending Fences?

Post by Colin F »

mmm who's got it wrong here? I read all the comments as a bit of tounge in cheek and did not take any of them as really serious!
If we can't have a bit of fun about the NS divide or any other divide we are getting to a sorry state!

Now I would like to make a comment about those owners who have so little faith in our bikes that they insist on carrying an extra cylinder along just in case! Everyone knows a bike only needs one cylinder!
I will now get my head well down! :-)
lawrence

Mending Fences?

Post by lawrence »

Everyone knows that Janet received her monicker WWN because she has such a deliciously wicked sense of humour. she is pulling our legs gents! her jollity is proved by the fact that she likes to be seen on a Velo, nuff said[;)]

What's all this stuff about bikes when we are trying to upset Janet, is it a motorbike web site or something? Just cos you can't cope with two cylinders Colin you shouldn't have a go at us what can. personally I love a nice pair![:p][:p]

Lawrence