Alternative Rally

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Derek Foulds.

Alternative Rally

Post by Derek Foulds. »

Over the last few months I've seen reference to the Alternative Rally being organised by the Dark Peak Section on 3/5 October, but the location of the rally seems to be a secret!! Where is it ???. On top of that, who are the Dark Peak Section, I cant see them listed in the back of the Jampot, or have I missed something. I suppose they couldn't be from Royston Vasey?
As I live on the edge of the Peak I thought I may attend, but I'd like to know the location before I set off.
Anyway, if any of you wonderful "Potty" people can put my mind at ease I'd be ever so pleased

Regards To All
Del Foulds

Janet

Alternative Rally

Post by Janet »

I don't know and I don't care because the rules won't let me go. Now where's that "I'm flouncing out in a huff" smilie?

BTW, welcome to the Cyber Section. WIll you be attending the inaugural cyber agm on Sunday?
lawrence

Alternative Rally

Post by lawrence »

Wot, no girlies allowed! thank goodness for common sense at last. Everybody knows girls shouldn't ride bikes!![;)]

Colin F

Alternative Rally

Post by Colin F »

The location is published in August's Jamot, near Ashbourne. I expect the full location will appear next month.
Dark Peaks section is not a formal section but a small group of members living in the same area who occasionally arrange rallies. Most members will remember the 97 Jampot when they "arranged" rain all weekend[:p].
Janet will be pleased to hear that the rules have changed slightly this year, British bikes up to 1965, at last count a LE qualified as a British bike[:D].
But it is a back to "roots" type rally, no trailered bikes, no B&B, camping only!
Janet

Alternative Rally

Post by Janet »

It's too late. I'm going to Germany with my sister instead.

And I've pranged my LE.
Janet

Alternative Rally

Post by Janet »

quote:Originally posted by Lawrence Howes

Wot, no girlies allowed! thank goodness for common sense at last. Everybody knows girls shouldn't ride bikes!![;)]

Do you play other dangerous games too? [}:)]
lawrence

Alternative Rally

Post by lawrence »

yikes! I'm keeping my head down for a while!![:)]

Colin F

Alternative Rally

Post by Colin F »

Don't be a chicken, keep your head up.
But might pay to keep your crash helmet on as flying objects[8] can cause much pain[xx(].