Red Alert-Honda about

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Janet

Red Alert-Honda about

Post by Janet »

Due to an interface last night with a bush, a stone wall and a ditch, the previously publicised LE Velo will not now be making a live appearance at this year's Jampot. However, its injuries are not terminal, as I'm sure you'll all be pleased to hear.

So watch out for a personalised ( scraped and dented by yours truly )Honda.
Colin F

Red Alert-Honda about

Post by Colin F »

OUCH! I'm gald the LE's injuries are not terminal, I hope you were not injured.
As a result of an injury yesterday, my co worker attemted free fall jumping from a step ladder, only 10 foot off the ground, the first 9 foot didn't hurt! but the last foot resulted in 15 stiches in the face and an inability to wear a crash helmet. This resulted in me "attempting" to ride a Honda for the first time in many years! (600 CBR?).
This experience was un nerving, gearbox had been put in upside down and back to front, the throttle snapped shut everytime I took my hand off the bars and the bike wallowed in corners due to the weight. It did have snappy acceleration and was reasonably comfortable over 50 mph.
I'm sticking to my G3, at least it goes round corners smoothly and it doesn't do impessions of emergency stps everytime you lift your hand off the bars!
clive

Red Alert-Honda about

Post by clive »

Janet
I too hope you are not injured as a result of your ditching the LE. Pleased to report that after just over a year out after hitting a parked car (no excuses it didn't even jump out I was looking behind ) I am now back riding my Model 18 combo ( Generally described as a side house rather than sidecar). Back on the solos once the muscles in the legs recover from the second op and the Hospital superbug infection. See you and the 400/4 at the rally Clive

clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Biscuit
Deceased

Red Alert-Honda about

Post by Biscuit »

I thought perhaps you would try something to get the 400/4 into the Jampot, but falling off (again) is going a bit far! Please take care, who can I be rude to if your not with us?.

silverarrow

Red Alert-Honda about

Post by silverarrow »

Been missing you guys and lasses. Had a nasty virus called Blaster and only now just got (hopefully) rid of it!

My move has been put back to 21 st of this month so i will be unable to make this years Jampot at all. The first I've missed for about 15 years. so please send my apologies to both AGM's and best wishes to janet who apart from sore bits has also to go by Honda this year, still better that than not at all.

Loads to do so I may be quiet again till next week when i can hear how good this years rally was and how the cyber AGM went?

BTW If anyone has my email address silverarrow397cc@msn.com then please delete and use instaed lessmith@members.v21.co.uk

Les Smith (silverarrow397)
Keep smiling
Colin F

Red Alert-Honda about

Post by Colin F »

mmm Les, what sort of people have you been interfacing with to get that nasty infection?
There is a patch on Microsoft pages for free download that will give protection, bit late for you Les but others may find it useful.
Janet

Red Alert-Honda about

Post by Janet »

I suffered no injury whatsoever even when the bike landed on top of me, after I'd nutted the wall. I rode it afterwards but it's got a split in an oil pipe, causing a drip, which needs mending. I know, it's a Brit so it's meant to drip.

Colin << the bike wallowed in corners due to the weight. >> Are you saying you need to go on a diet? [;)]

Clive << ditching the LE >> Literally. [:)] I'm pleased that you're almost recovered from your accident. Always fancied a sidecar.

Alan. It's nice to be needed. Nicer still to be wanted but I can't expect everything.

Les. << Had a nasty virus called Blaster >> I've heard that can be very nasty. I've never had worms, myself.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all at the weekend.