Kempton Park

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
alanengineer

Re: Kempton Park

Post by alanengineer »

Its getting too hard to spend money these days. i like a good autojumble, but cant be bothered with the red tape. stay indoors and stay healthy
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

alanengineer wrote:Its getting too hard to spend money these days. i like a good autojumble, but cant be bothered with the red tape. stay indoors and stay healthy
So I won't get Dudley to take your crank cases?
Roy
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

There probably won't be room for the crankcases Roy, as I have had a good sort out.
All are welcome to visit me on pitch 108 as I will probably be lonely!
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

What a crazy world we're living in. I wonder if the jumbler's are complaining about taking home all that money everyone has touched.
Stan Palmer

Post by Stan Palmer »

I was thinking that about the tickets Rob. It's an A4 sheet printed, or a photo on your phone. Either way it seems more handling than a contactless payment. Unless they have some remote magnifying device. There seems to be confusion about whether contactless payment is accepted. The website says it is, there could be a lot of upset people if they are refused.
I think most vendors will give the stuff away rather than handle the money. Oops, sorry I nodded off.
Stan
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Stan Palmer wrote:I was thinking that about the tickets Rob. It's an A4 sheet printed, or a photo on your phone. Either way it seems more handling than a contactless payment. Unless they have some remote magnifying device. There seems to be confusion about whether contactless payment is accepted. The website says it is, there could be a lot of upset people if they are refused.
I think most vendors will give the stuff away rather than handle the money. Oops, sorry I nodded off.
Stan
When I did a contact less payment I picked up a pad put my number in, the assistant also then picked it up.
How is that different to passing and receiving money??
clive

Post by clive »

Rob Harknett wrote: When I did a contact less payment I picked up a pad put my number in, the assistant also then picked it up.
Sorry Rob but that was not a contactless payment. If it's under £45 and the equipment is working properly all you need to do is wave your card somewhere close to the pad. You are only handling your own card.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Cash is considered safe, it's just the Banks wanting us to go cashless. Cards and machines are probably more contaminated as more people touch them, cash is transferred between 2 people, the new notes can be washed!
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

clive wrote:
Rob Harknett wrote: When I did a contact less payment I picked up a pad put my number in, the assistant also then picked it up.
Sorry Rob but that was not a contactless payment. If it's under £45 and the equipment is working properly all you need to do is wave your card somewhere close to the pad. You are only handling your own card.
Oh, that was my local shop Clive. They said no cash cads only. They soon discovered a lot of people never had a card.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

For several years my kids have never had cash (well that's what they've said whenever a bill arrived) and since March 10th I haven't touched any cash at all except once for paying the window cleaner and even that came out of long term storage at home.
I did feel a bit awkward on our brunch run today when paying the caff a mere £2.50 by contactless card.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'