Kempton Park

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
39speedtwin

Kempton Park

Post by 39speedtwin »

Morton's have indicated that the Jumble on 12th September will go ahead.
In order to keep social distancing the pitches have been enlarged from 3.5m to 5m, pitch numbers have also changed, but regular jumblers should be near to their original location.
Don't forget your masks and gloves!
G15 Roy

Re: Kempton Park

Post by G15 Roy »

How will that help? are not meant to use the full width and then leave a gap between each pitch i can see that working :x
Roy
clive

Post by clive »

I assume by enlarging the pitch they are thinking that as punters we will not need to be as close to each other. mind you at 2 metres spacing that is only 2 1/2 per pitch.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

Post by Plugsnpoints »

The other thing to consider is that the items on the tables will be handled by people then put back. It's the nature of a jumble obviously.

Just a thought as a lot of us are in the vulnerable group.

Make sure there's plenty of hand sanitisers in pockets!

I'm jealous as I can't go! Keep safe :)
peyton

Post by peyton »

The entry tickets must be pre-paid. This info is not in the Jampot, but it is in the current Real Classic mag. Good Luck with the website.Regards Neil.
clive

Post by clive »

peyton wrote:The entry tickets must be pre-paid. This info is not in the Jampot, but it is in the current Real Classic mag. Good Luck with the website.Regards Neil.
Are you sure? That is not the information on Mortons website for Kempton, its only recommended, alternatively pay contactless

"E-Tickets now available, see below to choose the e-ticket that is best for you. As an e-ticket, your tickets are emailed to you when you buy them online. Then simply take a print out of your e-tickets or your phone/tablet to be scanned on the gate at the show.

We've had to make a few changes to the upcoming Kempton Autojumble so we can get that autojumble fix we all miss while staying safe and adhering to Government guidelines.

We recommend purchasing your ticket in advance or purchasing your ticket on the day using a contactless payment method. This is to avoid contact with staff and keep in keeping with the Government guidelines".

However they no longer appear to offer a reduced rate for OAPs :o
clive
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

I must say I have heard that it was pre-paid only.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

I have had a few calls to see if i will be there but i am sorry to say that its a no this time i will look at it again for the next one.
Roy
clive

Post by clive »

I have emailed the person from Mortons who puts the adverts in the mag to ask, pointing out its not what it says on their website, or in the advert he placed. Will report back on the outcome. Bu**ered if I can be bothered to pre book but I expect its to do with them wanting to keep a record of attendees for Covid track and trace reasons.
clive
Stan Palmer

Post by Stan Palmer »

Ordered and printed my tickets very easily. They say they are not transferable but didn't ask who they were for, a good thing as I am not myself lately. I haven't been anywhere to speak of since February so looking forward a lot. Don't mind the gloves and the hand wash but positively hate the masks, which is why I haven't been anywhere public.
Yesterday I really had to go to Boots for pills as they have stopped the Covid postal service, it was like an episode from Dads army with neither me nor the chemist being able to understand a word. If they do insist on masks at Kempton it will be a quick whisk round for Tiger Cub parts (if any, as both the usual suppliers are not going) and then away.
At the beginning of the crisis it was anybody's guess what the correct approach needed to be. It's easy to criticise or be wise after the event, but now I think there is enough data around for individuals to make their own decisions. The real unknown is the effect of the winter cold on the scenario. My personal approach will be to enjoy a few outings until the weather changes and then go conservative again.
Stan